Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony eBay Mastercard really upsetting me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony eBay Mastercard really upsetting me

A little off topic here but I was curious so i ran the mouse over each of your displayed cards and am SHOCKED a the serious levels of credit each card carries.  That must be an amazing feeling to have so much credit at your fingertips. I may of just added a new goal to my list.  Might take some time but worth the effort and work.  Just awesome to see such an array.  Dont think I have ever seen anyone with $35,000 for lowes you could practically build a house with your card lol

Message 11 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats why I am just going to leave it alone for now I still have plenty available credit on that card and others so I am not desperate for them to return the credit, its more of a principal thing they were super fast pulling the money but seemingly super slow in crediting it back thats what my rant is about but to be honest its really not that important when you look at the big picture

There's you problem right there... instead of letting them 'pull' the money, use your own bank's bill pay to 'push' the payment to them... since I started doing this each month I've never had an issue with a payment hold - not even once.  I was once plagued with payment holds, especially when I had smaller limits, but I noticed it only seemed to happen when I used the credit card company's web site to initiate the payment.  I still do an ACH 'pull' from time-to-time for convenience purposes (to time the payment with payday, etc.) but only if I know that a hold won't cause a problem.

As a side-note, it's extremely easy to back-out a payment that's been 'pulled' out of your checking account... I actually had to do it a few years ago, and I was honestly surprised how quickly my bank was able to retrieve the funds. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm i will have to look into that.  The only one I can see a problem with pulling out is Cap 1 because once its in process you are unable to make any sort of change to the payment and the last thing i ever want to do is cancel a payment to a CC company i'm pretty sure that may look bad to them and on my CR, wouldnt it ?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.