Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony increasing limits to those affected by Irma and Harvey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony increasing limits to those affected by Irma and Harvey

Did anyone else get this email?  I got it and got my amazon store card increased to $10K, Lowes increased to $7k and Marvel increased to $8k.  Thanks to them for the increases.  I asked them if it was temp or permanent and each rep stated permanent.  Good luck guys.  I'm in Tampa and we were hit pretty good.  Just got power back this am.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony increasing limits to those affected by Irma and Harvey

In a situation as that, every little bit helps and every single encouragement found can mean a great deal.

Appreciate you sharing this and hope things begin to improve for the better.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you CM, we got hit pretty good.  Some damage but not a total loss.  We are lucky.  This was devastating. 

Message 3 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I work for an insurance company(medical malpractice)  and for area that were impacted by Harvey and Irma we are waiving finance charges, late fees along with cannot pay premium and not cancelling policies for a x period of time (still to be determined).  I assume many companies are doing such things.  What would be nice if Sync either waived or lowered the interest rate for say 12 months to help them out vs. just credit line increases.

Message 4 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you CM, we got hit pretty good.  Some damage but not a total loss.  We are lucky.  This was devastating. 

I completely understand.

I have very cherished childhood friends living in Tampa. They are OK but very very worried not having ever experienced anything even remotely as they just went through. Very disturbing for them.

Message 5 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trekkie, I am so sorry.. My GF lives halfway between Clearwater and Vero off of 60, and I stayed there for the storm, as my home is just north of Tampa... The last model was worrying me... She had minor branches down in her yard, took us a few hours to clean up. I went home Monday morning expecting the worst, and I had no branches down, or anything. Not even a leaf in the backyard.. Took me a whole 5 minutes to rake up the Spanish moss that was covering my front lawn.....  I got lucky... That's all I can say

I dodged Charlie... And Irma in the past 18 years of living here.... Next time I might not be so lucky.  GF lived in Ft.Lauderdale during Andrew, and Wilma... She's a pro at this stuff now. Lol

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I work for an insurance company(medical malpractice)  and for area that were impacted by Harvey and Irma we are waiving finance charges, late fees along with cannot pay premium and not cancelling policies for a x period of time (still to be determined).  I assume many companies are doing such things.  What would be nice if Sync either waived or lowered the interest rate for say 12 months to help them out vs. just credit line increases.

Yeah, i dont really see how bumping up peoples credit lines is very helpful during a time when they are likely desperate/more likely to make poor long term fiancial decisions. 

If anything it actually seems like they are taking advantage of these potentially desperate people by hoping this situation encourages them to rack up a large amount of high-interest debt

Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gotten like 8 different emails from Sync and Sync financial. Glad your ok Trekkie and nice to get those increases. As for taking advantage of people, so long as there is money to made, people, and banks will always find a way. Sad but true.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shouldn't have to delete a post that suggests that any state deserves a natural disaster.  Do better or don't post.

Message 9 of 17
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I saw this on their website for my care credit account. When I asked the rep about it, they said it was still based on credit approval but couldnt say wether it would be a hp or sp. Was the increase automatic?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.