Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony just lowered the limit on my Marvel Card

tag
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony just lowered the limit on my Marvel Card

Just got an alert that I had a CLD on an account. Logged in to see that Synchrony lowered the limit on my Marvel card from $25,000 to $1,024. Wow! LOL! Almost a $24,000 decrease.
But, to be honest, I wasn't using the card as frequently. It is what it is though. I plan on keeping it open.
Anybody else recently get a huge CLD from Synchrony?

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 689 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony just lowered the limit on my Marvel Card

Blows my mind why anyone does any business with Synchrony.
Message 2 of 19
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:
Just got an alert that I had a CLD on an account. Logged in to see that Synchrony lowered the limit on my Marvel card from $25,000 to $1,024. Wow! LOL! Almost a $24,000 decrease.
But, to be honest, I wasn't using the card as frequently. It is what it is though. I plan on keeping it open.
Anybody else recently get a huge CLD from Synchrony?

Search this forum and you'll find quite a few instances of this lately, especially from synchrony. They seem to be cracking down on people with super high limits who aren't fully utilizing those limits. Some people have had success getting their limits back. The $1024 amount is a computer algorithm thing. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

5% back or long 0% financing on Amazon purchases.

Long 0% financing on Lowe's purchases that stack with my 10% veteran discount.

I haven't heard of any big CLDs for those that actually use their cards unless there were other factors at play that could spook any lender.  There was the whole blue-envelope-a-thon a while back, but otherwise unless you're grabbing a ton of Synch cards at once and/or getting $100k of credit from them on a $30k income, most consumers don't seem to have an issue.  They're not like Barclaycard where they take AA seemingly at random.

Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

very common recently for non-usage as others stated.. Many threads out there.  When is the last time you used it?  6 months or so ago?

Message 5 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

5% back or long 0% financing on Amazon purchases.

Long 0% financing on Lowe's purchases that stack with my 10% veteran discount.

You can also throw in 6-12 month 0% financing from Walmart/SC at stores depending on the size of your purchases. Synch's financing options in general are pretty good to have as long as you use them responsibly.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I better go get some cleaning supplies for my Lowes card..... it’s been a few months. 

Message 7 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I better go get some cleaning supplies for my Lowes card..... it’s been a few months. 

What a nice X-mas present you are getting me cleaning my place.. Thanks!Smiley Happy.  Just need to give you my address now in nashville you can't be to far from me lol.

Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear but havent used it in awhile im guessingSmiley Wink. Start using it and it might get you reinstated.

As for why people use Sync, we cant all get Chase or those other big prime banks that dont do cld, uh hmm, sarcasm , sarcasm, they all do they all have pluses and minuses and to each their ownSmiley Wink

12V , please dont take my post as rude or personal offense, lol, just a bad day at work and sometimes one has gotta defend that sneaky b***ard ( at times ) SyncSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

What a nice X-mas present you are getting me cleaning my place.. Thanks!Smiley Happy.  Just need to give you my address now in nashville you can't be to far from me lol.

Deal if you buy dinner. I gotta warn you, you may be better off just calling a cleaning service. I’m NOT a cheap dinner date 😂

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.