Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony negotiate cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony negotiate cli

Guys I applied for Walmart and Belk's when i was 650 across the board and received $300-$200 respectively. Requested credit line increase for Walmart and got shot down immediately (ok whatever). Did the same for Belk's thru online chat, they asked me for my annual income ($37,000) and now want to know how much i need. Do i shoot for the moon or keep it low? I told them i wouldn't be using the card much with a with a mediocre limit of $200 since it causes my utilization to sky rocket. Im not sure what to ask for. My credit reports are sqeeky clean with no charge offs, no lates or anything except a ton of inq's but my score has plummeted to 578 since Synchrony opened the 2 accounts.  How should i deal with them?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony negotiate cli

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys I applied for Walmart and Belk's when i was 650 across the board and received $300-$200 respectively. Requested credit line increase for Walmart and got shot down immediately (ok whatever). Did the same for Belk's thru online chat, they asked me for my annual income ($37,000) and now want to know how much i need. Do i shoot for the moon or keep it low? I told them i wouldn't be using the card much with a with a mediocre limit of $200 since it causes my utilization to sky rocket. Im not sure what to ask for. My credit reports are sqeeky clean with no charge offs, no lates or anything except a ton of inq's but my score has plummeted to 578 since Synchrony opened the 2 accounts.  How should i deal with them?

You can ask for more than you expect because they'll counter but realistically with a score of 578 I wouldn't expect much , if any, increase.  You need to get those scores up quite a bit before you can realistically expect CLIs.

Message 2 of 10
bear812c
Regular Contributor

ask for $6,000. They'll either give it to you or counter.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for $1,000.. Thats a more realistic figure considering my score dropped after opening 2 accounts with them.

Message 4 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

wow, 60 points for 2 accounts?   were these your first cards?   i would think your score should have improved, not plummeted.   have you pulled your reports to see what is causing the score drop?   fix your scores and these cards will grow fast!

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

wait, how did your credit score drop to 578? who is giving you that score?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the number showing on the website Credit Karma. They said my score started at 650 when i opened my first credit card (Capital One) which was 0 before that because i didn't have any tradeline. They updated my scores to reflect a huge drop once Synchrony posted my new accounts. I'm sitting at 578 with 2 months of payment history, no derogs or BK etc. IDK this credit stuff baffles me. Only got it so i can buy a house in the next 2 years.

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats the number showing on the website Credit Karma. They said my score started at 650 when i opened my first credit card (Capital One) which was 0 before that because i didn't have any tradeline. They updated my scores to reflect a huge drop once Synchrony posted my new accounts. I'm sitting at 578 with 2 months of payment history, no derogs or BK etc. IDK this credit stuff baffles me. Only got it so i can buy a house in the next 2 years.

that is not a real score... it's not a fico score... don't' pay any attention to the score... creditkarma and credit sesame are good to watch for any accounts or inquiries showing up you are not expecting but not to gauge your credit score.

Ask for $5000 in chat for both of your Sync cards... they will counter or decline... if decline, try again next month after another statement.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure i even have a Fico score at the moment since i have only 2 months of history. Is their any way to see my scores by paying a flat fee which doesn't require me to sign up for some monthly service?

Message 9 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure i even have a Fico score at the moment since i have only 2 months of history. Is their any way to see my scores by paying a flat fee which doesn't require me to sign up for some monthly service?

you can buy from here at myfico but i probably wouldn't bother if you are just 2 months in AND if you request the CLI from Sync and they counter or approve, they will send you a TU Fico score in the letter!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.