Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony rewards

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony rewards

Security Service looks like a credit Union with rather limited membership options.  I don't think I would choose it over AARP even if I did happen to live in Texas.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Probably the best everyday Restaurant card is the Security Service Power Travel Rewards World MasterCard.

3X Gas, Travel, Dining, 1X everything else. Plus an annual 10% bonus on points earned.

No annual fee.

No cash advance fee.

No balance transfer fee.

No foreign transaction fee.

You have to have a yearly income of at least $50,000 to get this card.

Credit limits available up to $50,000

Purchase APR between 10.00% - 11.00%

No limit on number of points you can accumumate per year on this card.

Points earned on this card have no expiration date. Note: their other cards do have points caps and expiration dates.

Someone on myfico told me that they don't have a statement credit option, but Amazon.com gift cards are available at a 1pt = 1cent valuation. I don't know how big of a gift card you need to buy to get that valuation. If anyone has more details i'd be interested, as would others I'm sure.

So basically, 3.3% cash back with no spending caps, and a low APR (for a rewards credit card) for purchases. Without a lot of common fees.

Gonna have to look into this once my EQ catches up to my EX/TU.

Message 12 of 14
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Probably the best everyday Restaurant card is the Security Service Power Travel Rewards World MasterCard.

Gonna have to look into this once my EQ catches up to my EX/TU.

I just checked membership requirements for SSFCU, service area is Texas (San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, Rio Grande Valley, Corpus Christi), Colorado (Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Fort Collins, Loveland, Boulder, Broomfield), or Utah (Salt Lake and Utah counties).

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 13 of 14
axxy
Regular Contributor

Does Chase share any information with AARP?  I already get too much junk mail from AARP.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.