Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony's well drying up?

tag
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Synchrony's well drying up?

Anyone else with scores hovering around 690-720 noticing Synchrony not handing out CLI's as much as previously? I myself luckily got in with Lowes back when they were giving out CLIs like it was going out of style. Recently just got approved for Amazon's store card but with a mediocre limit compared to several of my major cards (only $1900) called credit solutions and that got nowhere. Looks to me like the well is drying up quickly (guessing has to do with their recent IPO).

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony's well drying up?

@JustinS wrote:

Anyone else with scores hovering around 690-720 noticing Synchrony not handing out CLI's as much as previously? I myself luckily got in with Lowes back when they were giving out CLIs like it was going out of style. Recently just got approved for Amazon's store card but with a mediocre limit compared to several of my major cards (only $1900) called credit solutions and that got nowhere. Looks to me like the well is drying up quickly (guessing has to do with their recent IPO).

Well it wasn't for me 2 days ago when they bumped my Lowes from $300 to $25,000

Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me I have found the issue is with the Amazon card. I had mine for over one year and only received a $200 increase. Paypal gave me a 4x cli and Sams club just gave me a 4k increase last week. I 

Message 3 of 45
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I just got approved this week Monday for $2300, I was hoping to purchase a new 4K TV so I followed the advice on the board and called credit solutions today.  I requested 10k and got a whopping $0.00.  My score is sitting at about 750 across the board...Ill try again in a few months I guess.  For now though Best Buy will get my TV purchase on their card. 

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

I just got approved this week Monday for $2300, I was hoping to purchase a new 4K TV so I followed the advice on the board and called credit solutions today.  I requested 10k and got a whopping $0.00.  My score is sitting at about 750 across the board...Ill try again in a few months I guess.  For now though Best Buy will get my TV purchase on their card. 

Try again on chat

Message 5 of 45
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I received a 3000 increase a few weeks ago on my walmart mc.  My ficos ranged from about 655 to 690.  I had a 1200 balance and use it alot.  I think they like it to be used alot.  YMMV though.

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubtful.

Message 7 of 45
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I received a 3000 increase a few weeks ago on my walmart mc.  My ficos ranged from about 655 to 690.  I had a 1200 balance and use it alot.  I think they like it to be used alot.  YMMV though.

Putting a $3500 TV on it sure woulda helped Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 45
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustinS wrote:

Well it wasn't for me 2 days ago when they bumped my Lowes from $300 to $25,000

Glad to hear Lowes isn't effected. Hopefully it is just Amazon then.

Message 9 of 45
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Try again on chat

Trying on chat myself as well - I went straight to credit solutions which they seem to be under the knife a bit more lately by the sounds of it.

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.