Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony's well drying up?

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony's well drying up?

Maybe a dumb question, but where is the chat link????? Smiley Embarassed

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 41 of 45
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

It shows up during business hours. Try checking tomorrow at 10 in the morning to see if it's there.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 42 of 45
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

It shows up during business hours. Try checking tomorrow at 10 in the morning to see if it's there.

Wonderful. Thanks! I was worried that I just wasn't important. Smiley Very Happy (knocks on wood)

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 43 of 45
kawaiiguy
Established Member

The well for is just fine for me...  Lowe's went from $10k to $15.5k via a phone call and instant approval, same thing for WalMart went from $5k to $9k via just the automated phone line request.  These were about a week apart and within the last few weeks.  

To those getting the "not enough experience" reply...  I have found that if I am even a day or two short of 6 months I will get that exact resppnse and then request it again right after getting that letter and it was approved no sweat.   Keep in mind (someone correct me if I am wrong) but the 6 months something to do with that whole credit card reform stuff that was passed so I am not sure what the banks can do about it.

Keep trying the luv button online... When I have used that in the past there were no pulls involved so not hurting anything!

Oh yeah, scores were about 725-740 ish between the three.

Message 44 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JustinS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustinS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

I just got approved this week Monday for $2300, I was hoping to purchase a new 4K TV so I followed the advice on the board and called credit solutions today.  I requested 10k and got a whopping $0.00.  My score is sitting at about 750 across the board...Ill try again in a few months I guess.  For now though Best Buy will get my TV purchase on their card. 

Try again on chat

Trying on chat myself as well - I went straight to credit solutions which they seem to be under the knife a bit more lately by the sounds of it.

Yuck. I hope they don't do away with them.

+1 in the past for me they've proven very helpful in getting CLIs done. Heck they're the ones who bumped my Lowes to 25k no questions asked. Definitely seems like policy wise they're tightening things up overall at least a little. While Synch/GECRB isn't the same as other lenders Navy just gave me 13k on their CashRewards and a 15k NavCheck literally weeks ago so my credit is definitely not junk lol. It's just amazing on how months after the IPO and Synchrony spinoff things seem to have begun to change already (at least I'm noticing with CLIs it has definitely changed somewhat).

Mere speculation and no hard proof associated with the above statements.  IME, the "well" is not dry (inclusive of the 9 SYNCB cards that I have).  I have received regular and moderate auto-CLIs.  An item to keep in mind, each SYNCB CC program does vary with any type of lending and portfolio structure which also takes in consideration your overall credit profile, internal/behavioral scoring (amongst other factors) and whether your account is elegible for a CLI.  Just because NAVY granted a CLI, doesn't necessarily translate into other cards doing the same.  Just like NASA is not going to behave in the same fashion as NAVY or PenFed or any of the major banks.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.