Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony strikes again like lightning

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Synchrony strikes again like lightning

Well as most of you know. I apped the Ebates visa three days ago on 9-2-2015. 

Got a 5k SL so I'm waiting to get my card in the mail to ask for increase. Hopefully following advice of forum members to bring it to 15k. Anyway. I get alert from experian this morning. Not even 72 hours and the thing is on my credit report. I guess it's best to take the hit now ang get it over with. 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony strikes again like lightning

well dang, that was quick. If we don't watch out they'll be foreseeing our applications and it will show up a week before.  LOL

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine also reported this quickly. Synch is competing with Barclays for fastest reporting.

Message 3 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Got a 5k SL so I'm waiting to get my card in the mail to ask for increase. Hopefully following advice of forum members to bring it to 15k. Anyway. I get alert from experian this morning. Not even 72 hours and the thing is on my credit report. I guess it's best to take the hit now ang get it over with. 

Jeeeesh,  they pulled a Barclays on you!  

I was looking through E-Bates site and found some deals but am not sure of all of the cards benefits.  I'm sure it would be a high limit TL with Synch's generosity. Don't forget to share your experience after you use the card awhile.

I have always trusted your opinions and views here taxi.      thx

Message 4 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I was looking through E-Bates site and found some deals but am not sure of all of the cards benefits.  I'm sure it would be a high limit TL with Synch's generosity. Don't forget to share your experience after you use the card awhile.

Will let everyone know for sure. Im curious what tier im in and what my interest rate will be. appears it will be pretty high. so a no balance carrying type card. But if i can get my limit over 10k it will be mission accomplished. looks like Synch is liking me for some reason right now. I have paypal,walmart and now ebates. the other 2 both were recently raised to 10k each. So im hoping the trend continues and this becomes my highest. Honestly i did not really need too many cards but this looks like it will put my other rewards cards to shame including my current macys and best buy cards. Also i apped the Chase Marriott and just am waiting on the results. It still says in application status number that they will let me know within 30 days. I hope this is a good sign as others have suggested. I wlll not call them and let every thing play out. my last card for sure in the next 2 years unless something earth shattering pops up like another Diners Club. I just want my car loan and travel to begin to pay off the upcoming debt.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Not necessarily. eBates is their stingy card.

Message 6 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Well as most of you know. I apped the Ebates visa three days ago on 9-2-2015

Not sure "most" is quite appropriate!  I don't keep track of everyone's apps, maybe I the minority....

I've tried twice for a CLI on this card and didn't succeed

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Not sure "most" is quite appropriate!  I don't keep track of everyone's apps, maybe I the minority....

Ditto for me, except it's been three times.

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

taxi818 wrote:

Will let everyone know for sure. Im curious what tier im in and what my interest rate will be. appears it will be pretty high. so a no balance carrying type card. 

Mine is 19.99% and I think that is near the lowest.

Message 9 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Thats true. not most. but a few of you know. hehehe. anyway, you are saying you tried twice and did not get a cli? did you call credit solutions? how did you attempt it LTL? Many others told me they got cli as soon as they received the card and afterward they got nothing. 12njoy got his up to 20k in a matter of months. Wow. Another mystery with synchrony.Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.