Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony.....to be or not to be..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony.....to be or not to be..

I was just approved for Sam's Club, Old Navy and Lowes over the weekend. Updated my Sam's card for the credit side of it today and went on chat to ask for increase. I just got increases on Walmart and Amazon (2000 and 3000) Asked for 3000.....denied no counter offer either. Strange....now I am afraid to ask for increase on my lowes card when I get it.....are they going to say no?? Counter?? I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. Think I could ask Sam's again next week???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony.....to be or not to be..

Give it time. They just approved you for three new accounts and two CLI. I'd ask again in a few months. I try to only ask for one every four months to put it into perspective. And even then it's usually a 50/50 chance they actually grant me something.
Message 2 of 4
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Give it time. They just approved you for three new accounts and two CLI. I'd ask again in a few months. I try to only ask for one every four months to put it into perspective. And even then it's usually a 50/50 chance they actually grant me something.

+1

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to use my SAMs club card once before they raised my limit from $937 to $6,000. I also had to use my Walmart card once to get my limit raised from $700 to $6000. Old Navy I was able to get an increase from $200 to $5000 by asking chat before I ever used my card. Amazon I had to use my card once too for that limit to grow. My lowes card had a $300 limit on it when I received it in the mail. I went to chat and asked for $1500 limit was approved, a week later asked for a $5,000 limit was approved, a few days later I asked for $15,000 but was only approved for a $12,000 limit which is fine for now. Be good to your cards and they will be good to you. Also take advantage of the 0% financing offers so you don't pay intrest.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.