Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony weird message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony weird message

I logged into my Synchrony Visa, Mastercard,and Walmart accounts this morning, and all is well. Smiley Happy

However, upon logging into my Walmart account, there was a large screen that came up before allowing me to view the account that said

" We recently attempted to send you an e-mail communication about your e-statements, but it was returned. Please correct your e-mail address."

The screen also listed the following:

Old e-mail address: xyz1

Correct e-mail address:  _________________

The message covered the full screen and would only allow me to view the account once I had entered the information.

The old e-mail address was 100% correct and has been the same e-mail address since I opened the account in 2013.

So, I re-entered the exact same e-mail address they were showing on screen.

I could certainly see having a screen come up that asked me to update my e-mail address or confirm it was correct, that would not be an issue.

What is unusual is having them say that they attempted to send me an e-statement and were unable to do so because my e-mail address was not correct.

I'm just thinking that something disorganized is going on at Synchrony. The reason I say this is because at end of last year when all of the Comenity madness was going on for other people (my Comenity cards were fine, thankfully), I received e-mails from Comenity on two different Comenity accounts saying they had tried to send my electronic statement via e-mail and were unsuccessful. I looked at the address they tried to send it to...... and it was the exact same e-mail address that I'd had for years, and was correct. On one of my Comenity accounts, I receive the message in two different months, and once on a different Comenity account, so three total.

Even more interesting: I made a payment two weeks ago - and I receieved a payment confirmation in my current e-mail inbox from Synchrony. No difficulty with them sending that. Also made a charge and a payment last month, and received e-mails confirming both purchase and payment at that time. So I really don't know what is going on over there.

I've not changed any settings in my account, and have been receiving e-statements monthly since 2013.

I'm thinking this is a symptom of disorganization. It could also be some kind of system reset that is throwing out incorrect messages. Would love to know if anyone else has received this message.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony weird message

All mine seem to be fine, including Walmart - no weird messages.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All mine seem to be fine, including Walmart - no weird messages.

Thanks, JustMe. Good to hear Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW! 

Make sure this is not some kind of Phishing going on or a data breach. 

Seems all too weird to me. 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WoW! 

Make sure this is not some kind of Phishing going on or a data breach. 

Seems all too weird to me. 

I don't think it's phishing, since I was fully logged into my account. Just seems that the message doesn't correspond to the fact that my e-mail address is correct.

Since I had it happen before with Comenity 3 times when they had their quirky behavior last fall (and my accounts were fine), it makes me think something went a little haywire in their systems to say that my e-mail address was not correct and they couldn't send me an e-statement.

Weird that they would not let me view the account until it was corrected, and that I had been receiving other e-mail communication and prior statements from them just fine.

Maybe they both outsource their computer system management to the same glitch-prone provider. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged into my four accounts. All is well here...

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Logged into my four accounts. All is well here...

Glad to hear. Thanks, ML Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly weird computer system glitches can happen, but let me say that now is not the time! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I'd put my money on computer glitching too.  And outsourcing lol

I just checked my 2 Synchrony accounts (Walmart and Amazon are the only 2 I have left with them) and both are fine.  Kind of suspected that would be the case since I just got my "your statement is ready" email for the Walmart card yesterday.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my Synchrony Visa, Mastercard,and Walmart accounts this morning, and all is well. 

However, upon logging into my Walmart account, there was a large screen that came up before allowing me to view the account that said

" We recently attempted to send you an e-mail communication about your e-statements, but it was returned. Please correct your e-mail address."

The screen also listed the following:

Old e-mail address: xyz1

Correct e-mail address:  _________________

The message covered the full screen and would only allow me to view the account once I had entered the information.

The old e-mail address was 100% correct and has been the same e-mail address since I opened the account in 2013.

So, I re-entered the exact same e-mail address they were showing on screen.

I could certainly see having a screen come up that asked me to update my e-mail address or confirm it was correct, that would not be an issue.

What is unusual is having them say that they attempted to send me an e-statement and were unable to do so because my e-mail address was not correct.

I'm just thinking that something really disorganized is going on at Synchrony. The reason I say this is because at end of last year when all of the Comenity madness was going on for other people (my Comenity cards were fine, thankfully), I received e-mails from Comenity on two different Comenity accounts saying they had tried to send my electronic statement via e-mail and were unsuccessful. I looked at the address they tried to send it to...... and it was the exact same e-mail address that I'd had for years, and was correct. On one of my Comenity accounts, I receive the message in two different months, and once on a different Comenity account, so three total.

Even more interesting: I made a payment two weeks ago - and I receieved a payment confirmation in my current e-mail inbox from Synchrony. No difficulty with them sending that. Also made a charge and a payment last month, and received e-mails confirming both purchase and payment at that time. So I really don't know what is going on over there.

I've not changed any settings in my account, and have been receiving e-statements monthly since 2013.

I'm thinking this is a symptom of disorganization. It could also be some kind of system reset that is throwing out incorrect messages. Would love to know if anyone else has received this message.

Hi humu,

Sometimes emails fail to send or get received properly. That happened to me many times with others, I.e.requesting to correct an email is common if a message from a bank failed. sometimes it could be due to their own internet connection temporarily failing for an instant. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.