Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony weird message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony weird message

Hi, Designer91! Good to see you. I'm sure it was a system issue, but it was odd how it blocked me from viewing my accounts until I entered the info. (and it already had the same info displayed on the screen!)

Since the same thing happened 3 times with Comenity last fall, and we all know how less than organized they can be, I figured it could fall along those lines as well.

The timing of it just was not great since we are all checking our Synchrony accounts lately and being conservative with them. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, I'd put my money on computer glitching too.  And outsourcing lol

@Anonymous @Anonymous. Agreed. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, Designer91! Good to see you. I'm sure it was a system issue, but it was odd how it blocked me from viewing my accounts until I entered the info. (and it already had the same info displayed on the screen!)

Since the same thing happened 3 times with Comenity last fall, and we all know how less than organized they can be, I figured it could fall along those lines as well.

The timing of it just was not great since we are all checking our Synchrony accounts lately and being conservative with them. Smiley Happy

It seems a bit weird ... are they just authenticating you are a person and not a bot?  

Maybe, its not us .. but maybe some of the reasons for all this craziness is that they believe they may of been hacked?

They are doing all this spot checking to see if we are actual people and not a bunch of bots that have taken over identities etc? 

That is the only thing that makes sense... 

But they don't tell us because that would cause some hysteria on the consumers part. 

Maybe not.. but its food for thought. 

Message 13 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have received this message several times upon log in with Synch bank cards. It finally stopped doing that, even though there was never a problem with the email address. 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not CC related, but every time I login to Netflix I get the same message "Your email address may be invalid" blah blah. I still get emails from them just fine, and even attempted to change it to another one of my addresses. Same message.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

I have received this message several times upon log in with Synch bank cards. It finally stopped doing that, even though there was never a problem with the email address. 

Thanks, d, very good to know. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Ayep. Much ado about nothing, again. Sigh.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Maybe it's time to take a break from posting in humu's threads unless you have something constructive to say.  Your post doesn't add anything to the thread.

Message 18 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Maybe it's time to take a break from posting in humu's threads unless you have something constructive to say.  Your post doesn't add anything to the thread.

The issue is a routine one with synch, just concurred with another post perhaps diffusing in general unwarranted concern with Synch; ime, when there is a spike in the number of recent reports of AA of this or that issuer, it can at times have a polarizing effect and even a sort of fear mongering on the less experienced reading here.

Neither quoted nor specially noted OP at time of post, so seems a bit odd. In any case, happy to move on from this thread and regret any confusion that I caused.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Good points as always, Irish. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.