Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncrony Bank CLD

tag
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Syncrony Bank CLD

Got a CLD from 14000 to 7500 for a jewelry store card that I used to buy a wedding ring a few years back. Only used it once for the 12 months no interest period. I'm wondering when they finally close it. 10 years? 15 years from now? I will be waiting patiently.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncrony Bank CLD

Not to make light of the situation, but your answer is in the body of your post. Use it or lose it. What other first world problem did you have today? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

If you no longer have a use for the card, why don't you close it?  It looks better on credit reports to say closed by consumer rather than closed by gurrantor.  Just my personal opinion though.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was originally thinking we could do an "office pool" and see who guesses closest on the date of closure.  Seriously, I do enjoy tests of skill! 

However, to keep on the ongoing line of originality(and attempt to outdo it! lol), I will simply wish that the marriage lasts longer than the card.  Would it be wrong to place agers or do a statistical analysis of that?  Smiley Wink   Seriously, I think I am piggybacking at least somewhat on Arlo's sentiments here. 

Maybe you could give an extra injection of health into both the marriage and card(or the card at the very least) with a small purchase if you are concerned about it being closed?

Message 4 of 12
dwz55
Regular Contributor

It's a card that served its purpose for the time I don't care that they CLD'd me, I just like seeing how long it takes to get a card closed for inactivity, I have a few cards that I've been waiting 5 years for them to close so I'm seeing how long it takes for them to do so as a data point.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was originally thinking we could do an "office pool" and see who guesses closest on the date of closure.  Seriously, I do enjoy tests of skill! 

However, to keep on the ongoing line of originality(and attempt to outdo it! lol), I will simply wish that the marriage lasts longer than the card.  Would it be wrong to place agers or do a statistical analysis of that?  Smiley Wink   Seriously, I think I am piggybacking at least somewhat on Arlo's sentiments here. 

Maybe you could give an extra injection of health into both the marriage and card(or the card at the very least) with a small purchase if you are concerned about it being closed?

So, what's the over-under on when they might close my Overstock card, which has had 3 x $300 CLIs and one initial purchase, which I returned?  I keep telling myself that I need to shop there, but lately, I just don't seem to need anything. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

well, I can tell right now they closed my Care Credit card shortly after the 1yr mark just recently. ...Each one is different....hard to tell.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dwz55 wrote:

It's a card that served its purpose for the time I don't care that they CLD'd me, I just like seeing how long it takes to get a card closed for inactivity, I have a few cards that I've been waiting 5 years for them to close so I'm seeing how long it takes for them to do so as a data point.

If they decide to close all of the cards you are referencing in a short time frame, I don't think it will look great on the report to have several cards closed by credit grantor. Just my opinion though. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dwz55 wrote:

If they decide to close all of the cards you are referencing in a short time frame, I don't think it will look great on the report to have several cards closed by credit grantor. Just my opinion though. Smiley Happy

Normally I'd agree with you good fellow, but check out the his scores.  I think he has good reason not to be emotionally invested.  Smiley Wink  

dwz55  may be like Jesus, Buddha, or even the Big(little) Lebowski and have a valuable lesson encoded in his message for some.  Or maybe not.  

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
well, I can tell right now they closed my Care Credit card shortly after the 1yr mark just recently. ...Each one is different....hard to tell.

Without the OP's inspiration, that would be disheaterning to me, as I was considering getting that card to buold credit while removing the one mercury filling I have.  The OP seriously got me to look at credit(and as a reminder, life) in a bit of a different way.  For instance, from looking at your sig and that quarter mil(what the?  I need to interview you as well someday from looking at those dates), I doubt you greatly regret your decision to use the card, or the reason it was dropped(decent health Smiley Wink )?   

I definitely am grateful for the data point, but at the same point am stoked by the idea of building credit and health in one fell swoop.  Kinda similar to the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to do his 2 favorite things at the same time!  (for those not familiar https://youtu.be/qnw8EPvL8HQ )

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.