Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET SHOWED ME LOVE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TARGET SHOWED ME LOVE!!!

I hate to be a downer but with that apr...pretend you got a $500 limit.  Don't let them lure you in!

But congrats...the day I get a $5,000 limit is the day the music died.

Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

TheCynicalOne wrote:
I hate to be a downer but with that apr...pretend you got a $500 limit.  Don't let them lure you in!

But congrats...the day I get a $5,000 limit is the day the music died.

Smiley Happy

Yup, I'm pretending I'm still at 1k instead of 5k.  Very good mind trick.  Smiley Happy 

If I go over 1k my auto-pay will be too low, yet another reason to make sure I keep track of that one.  (And yes, I normally PIF on this card, but I love having backup.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this your first CLI with them?  I'm wondering if you've had one in the past how long did you wait in between?  I just tried for a second CLI, but the first was in October and they denied me (said it was too soon).

bcnu176 wrote:
Wow, i actually got a CLI for my target visa. i asked for a cli and they initially declined it, butthey said i could send a copy of my credit report to re-review it. so i did and i got a 1000k cli from them heheh   now my CL for target visa is 5000k  Smiley Very Happy

to top my week off, i got Chase to reconsider me for a visa. they decline me also, but i got their backdoor number and the man asked me a few questions and then he approved me for 1000k for a Disney Visa Rewards card. 1000k pales in comparison to my other limits, but hey, its Chase and at least its a start!

now i have good prime cards and good credit limits.
thanks to everyones support and help here. w/o it, i would have never learned about the backdoor numbers!!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, this was my 1st CLI  with Target.  It was a battle to just get this one. they initially declined my request, but I called and spoke to a CSR supervisor who was very good. she saw my account history, which is almost 1 yr old and said i had perfect credit with them. She even did me a favor of lowering my rate from 19.99% to 16.99%!!  i know thats not much, but thats cool in my books. she couldnt increase the limit herself, she said I had to fax my EX credit repot to their credit dpt and manually re-review my report. after 1 week, i saw the 4000k  go up to 5000k. it took some extra work, but Target came through for me. 
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.