Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: TARGET

8 years 1 month for me and no cli. Not only have I not gotten a cli I missed the payment due date once by only 18 hours and they froze the account.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 31 of 38
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Late is Late at 12:01 it is late.

Not to be rude!

Maybe call and ask for forgiveness and late fee waiver?

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 32 of 38
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Im not complaining about lte fees.

But its damn embaarassing when Im in Target with my daughter and card gets declined for 18 hours late.

8 years of perfect history and they go necular for 18 hours

To me this demonstrates how little regard Target hs for their own credit program

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 33 of 38
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

ok, just to address one misinfo most people seem to have, if you had your card for 5 years or 10 years or it is your oldest account, and you close it, your AAoA will not be affected because even closed accounts are included when the AAoA is calculated. So your fico score is safe there. Second, unless you are closing a high limit 0 balance account, as long as your uti is not effected, again you should not see any score drops. So some of you that are stuck at $300 / $500 limit Redcard that is 5 / 10 years old, you might as well close your account, wait 30 days and apply for a new one. You will most likely get a better SL, and Target seems to be treating new accounts better than the older ones when it comes to cli. Just a thought. I don't think i would ever have the patience to wait on a $300 limit card for 5/10 or even 18 years to go up to $800. IMHO, that is insulting to the customer that after years and years of usage, and being a customer, paying on time, you are still worth the same to them.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 34 of 38
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I always carry more than one card in case of an issue (fraud) for me.

But late is late.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Target isn't well regarded here due to low limits, but they've been surprisingly good to me. I don't shop there all that much, but lately every other time I do I end up with a CLI. I've updated my income a few times. I usually spend $100-$200 per visit, but only go there every couple months or so. It seems to me they just like to see some usage.

I think they approved me in early 2015 for $500, I'm now at $2,200, which I'm completely happy with for a store card.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! So I'm not alone. Honestly, before hearing from others, I thought my $2,500 limit was low. Target is stingy.  

Message 37 of 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No, you are certainly not alone.  Mine has been open since 2002.  $1200 SL as a store card, when it was issued by Retailers National Bank.  Random CLD to $800 (even though it was always paid on time and actually being used somewhat regularly) and changed to a Visa when that switched to Target National Bank (2004?).  At some point sold off to TD Bank and switched to a MC.  I complained here about a year ago how mine was stuck at $800, even less than the starting line, after all of these years.  Then I randomly got a CLI to $1300 in June and $2300 in December.  

I am not sure if it is one or both (or none) of these tricks I tried from this forum, but I I have been letting the statements cut with a balance of $100-$500 every month (PIF of course since this card has a ridiculous 23.40% APR).  I have also updated my income every month shortly before the statement cuts, even though the dollar amount has not changed.  We'll see in June, but hopefully this has indeed put me on a 6-month auto CLI pattern.  The issue with knowing for me is that there are other factors that have changed for the better as well during this time.  I often carried balances on this card until about 15 months ago when I got very serious about getting OUT of debt rather than just maintaining it - now the statements are paid in full every time.  My overall util went from averaging 60-90% over the years to somewhat comfortably under 30%.  My scores went from averaging in the 700s/710s (solely due to high util) to 720s/730s (many new accounts in past 12 months - refinanced nearly everything and replaced much of my "wallet" with better cards).

I've done some major sock drawer cleaning in the past 12 months, so this card is now my lowest trade line.  It is also one of the oldest individual accounts I have since most of my early closed accounts no longer show on my reports.  I do shop there 10-20 times a year and since there's no annual fee the 5% off is worth it to me.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.