tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: TD Bank Client Rewards 1.5% Cash Back Card

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So at exactly 10k spend with a TD account it is basically a 3.3% cash back card with a $100 sign up bonus. Every dollar below or above 10k only gets 1.65%.

No AF but does have FTF and bad BT and CA fees. Pretty great if you have subcategory spend around $800 per month or so. APR 12-22% isn't super encouraging. 

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

your math is wrong. its just 1.65 plus 100$ bonus. there is no extra 150 or 65

@Anonymous wrote:

So at exactly 10k spend with a TD account it is basically a 3.3% cash back card with a $100 sign up bonus. Every dollar below or above 10k only gets 1.65%.

No AF but does have FTF and bad BT and CA fees. Pretty great if you have subcategory spend around $800 per month or so. APR 12-22% isn't super encouraging. 

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

your math is wrong. its just 1.65 plus 100$ bonus. there is no extra 150 or 65

Oops, not math, just thought the 10k annual spend note was a bonus in addition to the 1.65% and $100 rather than a calculation. Not even really better than quicksilver then, at least not enough so to be worth an app.

Message 14 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Interesting offer, is this card new? TD Ameritrades Client rewards.

Offers 1.5% cash back unlimited.  10% bonuse if redeemed to TD Ameritrade account, effective cash back, 16.5%.  $100 bonus for 500 spend 90 days.  No 0% intro, tiers, 12.99, 17.99 and 22.99.  Interesting competition for quicksilver, if you have TD account.  I am not interested in this now.  Just putting it out there.

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 30
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting offer, is this card new? TD Ameritrades Client rewards.

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Offers 1.5% cash back unlimited.  10% bonuse if redeemed to TD Ameritrade account, effective cash back, 16.5%.  $100 bonus for 500 spend 90 days.  No 0% intro, tiers, 12.99, 17.99 and 22.99.  Interesting competition for quicksilver, if you have TD account.  I am not interested in this now.  Just putting it out there.

Decimal point in the wrong place, effective cash w/10% bonus redeeming into an Ameritrade account is 1.65%. (16.5% reawrds and I'd be all over it Smiley LOL ) Still pretty decent, and I do luv those $100 spend bonuses, that would be $110 redeemed to an Ameritrade account. I've actually had an Ameritrade account since the 90s, but very small now for several years. But I also had a Target Red card issued by TD Bank that I closed last Feb because of the toy store $200 CL, they told me if I closed it I could never get another account, not sure if they mean Target only or any card from TD Bank. I'll think about it.

EDIT: I tried credit pullls database to see what kind of score/criteria they approve, but no hits on either 'Ameritrade' or 'Client Rewards', so maybe this is a pretty recently introduced card? Also, here's some additional info from the Ameritrade page:

- If you open an account between June 1, 2015 and August 15, 2015, you are eligible to earn a one-time bonus offer of 10,000 Client Rewards bonus points if you spend $500 in total net purchasesusing your new TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Credit Card within 90 days of account opening date. The bonus points can then be redeemed for $100 cash back (or a variety of merchandise).

- This offer only applies to new TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Credit Card accounts opened between June 1, 2015 and August 15, 2015.

- For as long as the credit card account remains open and in good standing, points will not expire and there is no restriction to the number of points that may be earned.

The one thing I;m curious about is if you redeem points to an Ameritrade IRA account is it treated as a current year IRA contribution, like Fidelity Amex does. Guess I'll have to call to find that out.

Message 16 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I would be rude and mutter something like "How about using the search function" but I won't   Just yesterday, someone posted this

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/TD-Bank-Client-Rewards-1-5-Cash-Back-Card/td-p/4079224    

which also includes a miscalculation of rewards, although not so dramatic as 16+%

and I that thread I (helpfully!) posted a link to an earlier thread.  But hey, the more posts the better.

Message 17 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes this was definitely just mentioned.
Message 18 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I would be rude and mutter something like "How about using the search function" but I won't   Just yesterday, someone posted this

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/TD-Bank-Client-Rewards-1-5-Cash-Back-Card/td-p/4079224    

which also includes a miscalculation of rewards, although not so dramatic as 16+%

and I that thread I (helpfully!) posted a link to an earlier thread.  But hey, the more posts the better.

Forgive me all, have minor broke foot, sleep not optimal (at all). 1.65% for the win. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 19 of 30
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I would be rude and mutter something like "How about using the search function" but I won't

If the search function doesn't seem to provide useful results (and it is poor to useless on some forum sites) then try a site restricted Google search.  To search this site just add site:ficoforums.myfico.com to your keywords.

Sample relevant to this thread:

https://www.google.com/search?q=TD+Ameritrade+Client+Rewards+site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&oq=TD+Amer...

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.