Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD BANK CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TD BANK CREDIT CARD

Anyone have any of the TD Bank Visa cards, either the cash rewards or points???  Are they more willing to approve cards to individuals who do all of their banking with TD? Also, are there any backdoor numbers?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TD BANK CREDIT CARD

I am a TD Bank customer since 2007.  I have a checking and savings account.  Never bounced a check on them.  Pay all of my bills through their online bill pay.  I recently applied for a credit card and was declined. 

As per their rejection letter, my Experian score is 706.  MyFico.com score is 675.

Negatives on my account:

-HSN Credit Card which was charged off in 2006 however I did set up regular payments with the CA and paid it off completely in 2009

-Macy's store card- $189 was written off in 2006.  Macy's state they no longer own it and reffered me to a CA.  That CA stated they did not own and.  No other CA has ever contacted me in regards to it.

-Wells Fargo CC- I colsed it in 2006 because I was having a hard time paying it but I did pay it all off in 2006 even though I have several late payments.

-US Dept of Ed Loan- Opened 2005, did have several late payments but it was paid in ful in 2010.

Positives on my account:

First Premier CC.  Owned it from 2007 to 2009 but I closed it because they refused to raise my credit limit from the original $250 even though I never made one late payment and utillization was always below 25% yet they were charge me a high yearly fee.

Orchard CC- opened in 2008 and still open.  Never made one late payment.  Balance due = $0.  Still have the original $300 limit, they won't raise me

American General- took out $3,000 loan in 2009 and never made one late payment.  Paid it off llast month.

My last late payment on any account was over three years ago.

I recently sent them a GW letter asking them to reconsider and listed all the positives of my credit history.  I will post back here when I receive there reply.  *Fingers crossed*

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and I would appreciate an update. I have had checking and savings account with them since 2006 and im thinking about applying for a card but I really have not heard much on how strict they are with approvals and no one at the bank or on the phone at the credit department is much help at all.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely will update here once I get a reply.  I only sent them a letter a few days ago so I am not sure how long before they reply.  If they dent me again, my next step isto write back and ask for specific details as to why, and what would need to happen on my credit report in order for them to approve a card.  My thought process is if perhaps if I keep an open dialogue they will relent and gove me a card.  Smiley Wink  I mean, why not?  A Fico of 700 and no late payments in 3 1/2 years, and exteremly low UTI on my open accounts AND I am a TD Bank customer!   

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating to say they did not answer my letter.  I sent a second letter today.

Message 5 of 6
Hopeful2

Hey Stone! i realize this is an old post but did you ever get reconsidered and approved?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.