Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Bank EZ Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TD Bank EZ Rewards

Define Irony:

Wishing for a 5% back card in the christmas threat, then opening the mail to discover I'm pre-approved for TD Bank's EZ Rewards card. For the first six months, 0% apr and 5% back on gas, groceries, dining, and utilities. Of course, the card only gives 1% back after that, but those first 6 months could have been great. If only I weren't in the garden.

Okay, it's a coincidence, not irony, but still...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: TD Bank EZ Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

Define Irony:

Wishing for a 5% back card in the christmas threat, then opening the mail to discover I'm pre-approved for TD Bank's EZ Rewards card. For the first six months, 0% apr and 5% back on gas, groceries, dining, and utilities. Of course, the card only gives 1% back after that, but those first 6 months could have been great. If only I weren't in the garden.

Okay, it's a coincidence, not irony, but still...

I am thinking about getting this.   At least for some, after closing for a few months, you can get it again with 5%.

Message 2 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

looks like 6 month use and SD

Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@elim wrote:

No, 6 months use, close, wait and reapply!

Message 4 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

No, 6 months use, close, wait and reapply!

+1 just closed mine last week. as it became clear that it was worthless at this point. correct. you can reapply and get the same rewards. for another 6 months. but once you realize how disorginized TD Bank is . its really hard to deal with. but ymmv.

Message 5 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have one, and kept it past the six month bonus. While it is not the most exciting card, they gave me a good limit and APR, so that's why I keep it.

It is only 1point/ dollar after the intro period, but on the other hand, at least their points are worth a full penny if you get a check/statement credit.

Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have one, and kept it past the six month bonus. While it is not the most exciting card, they gave me a good limit and APR, so that's why I keep it.

It is only 1point/ dollar after the intro period, but on the other hand, at least their points are worth a full penny if you get a check/statement credit.

OK, but there are much better choices at that rate, such as Quicksilver or Double Cash

Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, I don't really use it much, because there are better cards, but I just would hate to close my lowest APR card and it's also my highest limit. :\

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.