Did you mean: 

TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SpendWisely wrote:

I can also confirm the $200 back for $500 spend in the first 3 months...amazing deal. And the Cash Back comes a day or two after the first statement (if you spend the $500 in the first three months). I applied the credit to the first bill and bam, credited two days later. Plus, all other cash back points post to the account right after the charge clears pending, so no waiting for a month or more.

my car needs work that's going to cost me $2,000. I wasn't sure the 5% cash back includes car dealerships -  . ''5% cash back For The First Six Months On Select Categories dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments.'' If only it wasn't ''selected'' catergories such as groceries, ultility, phone, gas, dinning.... i could have saved $300. $2,000 - 5% = $100 + $200 bonus. So that's was the only reason i was thinking how this 6 months 5% cash back deal would be great still not to mention 0% APR on my car.

This is where you use the card for "groceries". $2000 in Visa cards costs $23.80, but you still make $76.20 + $200 bonus.   

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same offer in the mail today...

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull EQ in FL

Message 33 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

I don't know. They pulled my experian. 4 times in 4 days. I'm from tampa. So that's not true. It rotates.
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's sucks , I will pass this offer. 

Message 35 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well to be fair. I did not do it online. I went to bank. So they probably. Passed my application from branch to branch. I did get approved. Got card a month later.
Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pre-qualified letter shows that they did the prescreened   ed from EQ

Message 37 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. But the hp will be experian. Same they did for me eq pre screen. Experian hp. After 6 months. It's 1 point per dollar. Need 2500 to redeem. I just cashed 25 bucks for statement credit. I pay my cable bill with this card only.
Message 38 of 40
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I've had this card since May and in all honesty it sucks big time... They advertise this card as 5X in dining, groceries etc but the reality is u really don't get those extra points. One that shocked me most was that my Amazon and Walmart purchases don't count in the eligible purchases under groceries - so u earn zero extra points for those. I really only get points from paying my Sprint phone bill and DirectTv cable. This card is only good for the first 6months and if u have a lot of utility bills to run through it. Customer service to me rates sub zero and did I say u have to mail in a special form with a voided check attached just to enroll in AutoPay!! Something very basic that gets done right away with almost every bank... Go figure!!

Message 39 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I've had this card since May and in all honesty it sucks big time... They advertise this card as 5X in dining, groceries etc but the reality is u really don't get those extra points. One that shocked me most was that my Amazon and Walmart purchases don't count in the eligible purchases under groceries - so u earn zero extra points for those. I really only get points from paying my Sprint phone bill and DirectTv cable. This card is only good for the first 6months and if u have a lot of utility bills to run through it. Customer service to me rates sub zero and did I say u have to mail in a special form with a voided check attached just to enroll in AutoPay!! Something very basic that gets done right away with almost every bank... Go figure!!

Like you I've had this since last dec. I agree utility bills only. At least you get a point per dollar. If you go to bank to pay bill. Forget it. 3-4 days to post. Best. Transfer from checking to credit account will post overnight. It does suck but. I will keep until new year. Then. Adios. 

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.