Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

tag
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: TD Bank Sign-Up Bonus

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Although not the most popular card in the market, TD Bank is offering $100 after $1000 spend in 2 months, for their Easy Rewards credit card. This card now has the capability of redeeming for cash AND points.

Just figured I'd throw it out there for those of you that can utilize the 5x on dining, grocery, gas, and utilities for the first 6 months. They had this sign-up bonus around this time last year, as well, and I don't recall any other sign-up bonus on the cards previously!

http://www.tdbank.com/yourchoice/?cm_sp=b000-00-748

Offer ends September 21st.

Thanks for the information!  TD Bank is local to me, but they seem hard to get into like PNC Bank.  I'd want this card, but I hate to take a ding to my AAoA.

Message 11 of 40
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Seems like the exchange rate for gifts cards is 1:1 or higher, i.e. a  $25 Marriott/Saks Fifth Ave Gift Card costs 3,500 points.   That's not a great value, but some of the other offers may be better.

Message 12 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, it looks like the $25 gift cards are 3,500 points, but $50 are 5,000 and $100 are 10,000, so if you can wait till you have 5,000 that's fine, or you can just redeem for cash, and it looks like a $25 check is 2,500 (so why would anyone pay more for a gift card....)

Message 13 of 40
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

what kind of scores and profiles are usually approved for this card? Is it considered to be an easier or more difficult card to get?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 14 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Can't find much data.   Credit pull DB has just three entries for TD Bank, two rejections and one success

Denials have comments:  Spoke to underwriter who said BK must not be showing on reports (rep in branch said BK over 5 years was OK). Would not recon.  (716 score)

denied for too many recent inq (8 in the last year) and age of accounts (average age little over one year)

but score for second was 648.

Successful app was 724.

But data size is WAY too small, maybe OP will be willing to share her profile at time of app.

Message 15 of 40
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Although not the most popular card in the market, TD Bank is offering $100 after $1000 spend in 2 months, for their Easy Rewards credit card. This card now has the capability of redeeming for cash AND points.

Just figured I'd throw it out there for those of you that can utilize the 5x on dining, grocery, gas, and utilities for the first 6 months. They had this sign-up bonus around this time last year, as well, and I don't recall any other sign-up bonus on the cards previously!

mine says $200 after $500 spend in 3 months,

Message 17 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

I've had this card for a year. After the bonus and 6 months are up. It becomes a truely useless 1 point per 1 dollar card. I hate I got it. Good looking card. Horrible rewards. Statement credit is best. Can't redeem until 2500. Need 8000 points for toaster. Terrible,,,,,

Message 18 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

This thread was 1 year old, I heard they are targeting people for $200 bonus now.

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

This thread was 1 year old, I heard they are targeting people for $200 bonus now.

nice, Im hearing Citi Double Cash also has $200 bonus but when you spend $1,000.  I hope i see that soon in my mailbox!

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.