Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELL US YOUR CARECREDIT EXPIRENCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TELL US YOUR CARECREDIT EXPIRENCE

Hi everyone so i created this post to get your reviews on carecredit .I was recently approved for carecredit a few weeks ago for 4,000 online and then called in 2 days later  for a CLI to 6000 and was approved before even recieving the card.My fico scores at the time were TU-706 EQ699 EX701 ..I havent used the card yet because i have been reading alot of negative reviews about CareCredit and to be honest im a little shakey to put it to use.So i figure i come here and ask many of you here whom have had or have a CareCredit Card and ask for your personal reviews on CareCredit.So again please if your time is available please leave your reviews/comments  good or bad to be shared with me and many others who feel a similar concern when deciding to go along with the use of this card.. Thanks so much in advance for any reply!

Kris-V
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TELL US YOUR CARECREDIT EXPIRENCE

Did you search for CareCredit?  There are many, many threads about CareCredit, many of them with lots of good information.

Do you have any specific questions about it?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your response.. i have a few questions about carecredit.. sorry about not posting them in my earlier post so here goes..many of the bad reviews i have read about carecredit are consumers feeling that they have been charged  fees unfairly for example , Carecredit holding there payments and not posting it to the consumers account till after the due date..Carecredit not reporting there balance correctly to the credit bureaus..Being told that they havnt recieved the consumers payment..now with all this said.. i know that if i make a payment on any thing with a personal check that it takes up to 2 weeks for the check to clear and to be posted..so i then think maybe the consumer who had left that bad review maybe didnt mail in the check soon enough to have it clear..and maybe that is why he/she was charged a fee etc..i read on carecredit that when you recieve your bill you have a "minimum due payment" and your" due payment" just like every revolving account.. so that kind of can go both ways  in terms of not reporting correctly to the credit bureaus..cause if you for example you  pay the minimun on that due payment and not the due payment your not going to pay off your balance within the promotional period no? so maybe thats why the balance isnt reporting correctly because carecredit may hv charged a fee for not paying the monthly due bill in full.then i read review on how if you pay your bill between the 1- 5 day of each month you get charged a fee.. i really dont know what that is about but the reviewee stated that he/she had been making payments on the 1'st of everymonth and was charged a fee because carecredit has a rule that all payments made on the 1-5 day of everymonth is credit to the month before and not the acual month to wich the payment had been made on.. many of the reviews that i have read were not all clear and am hopeing that many of you here can clear things up or give your bad/good reviews on this card..i tried researching for good reviews and most were reviews stating that had the card for so many moths or years but never really gave a detailed expirence with the card know what i mean? Im just undecided as to if i should use my carecredit account and am in search of help to decide if i sholud give it the green light... im new to credit with only 4 months of credit history and just dont want to really make a bad decision i guess you could say.. thanks again for your response really appreciate it!

Kris-V

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, lots of questions here.  First, I should mention that I'm assuming you're a Firefox user.  In that case, you need to check the "Convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks" check box when you are posting (or words to that effect).  Otherwise, your posts show up as one giant paragraph, making them very difficult to read.

As with any CC, there are those who love CareCredit, those who hate them, and those who are in between.  My DF has a CareCredit account, and has had no problems with it.

In almost all cases, if someone is complaining about a CC charging them fees unfairly or in unusual circumstances, either there is more to the story they are not telling you, or they are simply confused.  In the case you mentioned, it is simply not true that CareCredit charges a fee for paying on certain days of the month.  What likely happened to that person is that they were making their monthly payment after the due date, but before the next statement date, thinking that it would be applied to the next month's minimum payment once the statement was generated.  That's just not how it works with any CC.  You have to pay the minimum amount due after the statement drops, but before that statement's due date, or else your payment will be considered late and you will be charged a late fee, which is likely the fee that person was referring to.  You cannot just pay once a month on whatever date you feel like it and then consider it paid until next month.

Yes, CareCredit will charge retroactive interest on any promotional balance not paid in full by the end of the promo period.  You will have to pay much more than your minimum payment each month in order to pay off your promo balance by the end of the promo period and avoid retroactive interest.  They will calculate a minimum payment on each statement, but that is only the minimum required to avoid being late (something like 3% of the current balance).  You will have to develop your own payment schedule in order to get the promo balance paid off before retroactive interest kicks in.

I have never had any problems making an online payment on CareCredit's site.  My only complaint is that it takes about 150 clicks to get where you need to be in order to make a payment (OK, I exaggerate), but other than that, CareCredit has been just fine.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-27-2008 06:22 PM
Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DW needed it.

DW got it.

No problems at all

Still has it.

Will keep it
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 4500 line with GEMB wich I charged 1000 to a month or two ago. I will pay that off next week in hopes that it will show favorably with GEMB when I try for one of those CareCredit 0% pro-mos here very soon.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-27-2008 08:11 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.