Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE ABSOLUTE BEST CREDIT CARD TO HAVE- SUNCOAST fcu

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: THE ABSOLUTE BEST CREDIT CARD TO HAVE- SUNCOAST fcu

There is another two-star credit union out there that was once the darling of card app'ers: JFCU!

Look at what a mess that turned into.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I already belong to an even larger FL CU (in 1987 it was the 7th largest CU in the country) that was forced into conservatorship and is being merged with another CU due to having made a whole bunch of crappy loans.

At least it was merged. Like banks, apparently CU's are not immune from mergers in the financials.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must admit you make an excelent point with the CU rating -  I will look at this myself.  I have been with this CU since 1995 and they have slowly expanded.  BofA is probably one of the weakest banks in this economy, however I still bank with them.  Chase credit cards are as unstable and experience PMS as Amex but I still utilize both.    Point is if it works for the credit and improve FICO -  I say give it a shot.

Message 13 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Post merger it is now a four-star CU just like PenFed and NFCU. The only credit product I have from them is an auto loan.

I would not app a CC from a two-star CU and expect stability and consistency. What JFCU did to many people was just crazy.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.