Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE ITCH, IT BURNS!

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: THE ITCH, IT BURNS!

Home Depot has 24 months 0% on purchases of $1700 (oven and dishwasher).   If you can easily afford that, there is something to be said for finishing the remodel project now rather than having it go on for several more years.

Seems to me investing in your home and quality of life, far exceeds worrying about how many inquiries you have or your credit score. 

Message 31 of 34
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I was planning on upgrading them in January after taxes and before I refi/appraisal.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

These 0% deals seem to always be there.

Message 33 of 34
rosegardener
Established Member

As much as I rag Duncan for drapping, I'm proud of you for walking away!

+1 to what webhopper said-save up for a couple of months, once you have the cash, buy away.  Stick it on your Zync (I think I saw you have one?) or another points/rewards/what have you card.  When you get home, PIF that sucker.  Et voila, new appliances, no CC debt, and rewards of some flavor. 

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.