Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS is why I carry AMEX

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

THIS is why I carry AMEX

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

WOW - I didn't even realize that Fleetwood Mac was still performing - it's been almost 40 years since I saw them.

Do they still have something like 20 members in the band ??Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 14
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I love my AMEX too!  They have been awesome to me!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 4 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

WOW - I didn't even realize that Fleetwood Mac was still performing - it's been almost 40 years since I saw them.

Do they still have something like 20 members in the band ??Smiley Happy

Nope...just the 4 of them, 2 backing musicians, 2 backup vocalists and that was it!

Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !

Where do you go to see the tickets at??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

the eagles are on tour right now too
Message 7 of 14
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I'm seeing Black Sabbath in Aug \m/ \m/ Smiley LOL

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 8 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

Where do you go to see the tickets at??

I get advanced emails from AMEX for upcoming events.  Some are not in my geographical area, but when they are, I pay close attention! 

EDIT:  In your AMEX account, check out the Benefits tab, then the Entertainment sub-tab.  You're presented with various tickets that are currently available and/or upcoming.  In the lower right of the page is a "Get In The Know" sign up, where you can be emailed upcoming events. 

Message 9 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Fleetwood Mac is awesome. I'm glad you had a great time. I would never compare the "artists" of today to the "proper" artists of the 60's and 70's.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.