Reply
Valued Contributor
thom02099
Posts: 1,284
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

THIS is why I carry AMEX

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

 

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Frequent Contributor
NonSufficientFunds
Posts: 321
Registered: ‎04-09-2013

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

[ Edited ]

WOW - I didn't even realize that Fleetwood Mac was still performing - it's been almost 40 years since I saw them.

 

Do they still have something like 20 members in the band ??:smileyhappy:

Moderator
tinuviel
Posts: 4,871
Registered: ‎11-02-2010

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

:smileyhappy:


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 8.95k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.2k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

I love my AMEX too!  They have been awesome to me!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Valued Contributor
thom02099
Posts: 1,284
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX


NonSufficientFunds wrote:

WOW - I didn't even realize that Fleetwood Mac was still performing - it's been almost 40 years since I saw them.

 

Do they still have something like 20 members in the band ??:smileyhappy:


Nope...just the 4 of them, 2 backing musicians, 2 backup vocalists and that was it!

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX


thom02099 wrote:

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

 

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !


Where do you go to see the tickets at??




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Chris123nTx
Posts: 464
Registered: ‎05-11-2007

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

the eagles are on tour right now too
Frequent Contributor
wreith
Posts: 441
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

I'm seeing Black Sabbath in Aug \m/ \m/ :smileylol:

03/10/2014 Walmart TU 724
09/07/2013 MyFico EQ 684
03/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $11K, CareCredit $3K, Chase Freedom $1900, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2050, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $1K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $2800.
Valued Contributor
thom02099
Posts: 1,284
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX

[ Edited ]

LS2982 wrote:

thom02099 wrote:

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

 

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !


Where do you go to see the tickets at??


I get advanced emails from AMEX for upcoming events.  Some are not in my geographical area, but when they are, I pay close attention! 

 

EDIT:  In your AMEX account, check out the Benefits tab, then the Entertainment sub-tab.  You're presented with various tickets that are currently available and/or upcoming.  In the lower right of the page is a "Get In The Know" sign up, where you can be emailed upcoming events. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61
Posts: 1,429
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: THIS is why I carry AMEX


thom02099 wrote:

Just got back from Denver this morning, after going down there for Fleetwood Mac in concert.  Besides the incredible concert (nearly 3 hours of music!!!), I got the tickets through AMEX preferred ticketing, since they have a tie-in with the tour.  Tickets were available to AMEX cardholders months ago, before they went on sale to the general public.  The seating was spot on excellent, for a wonderful view of the entire stage...no obstructions, no obscure location, just awesome seats!  Yes, other cards have similar services, but I have yet to be disappointed by purchasing concert tickets through AMEX.  When you find a winner, you stay with 'em ! !

 

And by the way,as a sidebar for those of us "golden oldies"....Lindsey Buckingham = 63...Stevie Nicks = 65...Mick Fleetwood = 65... John McVie = 67....and they flippin' ROCKED IT!  Nearly 3 hours of music by these fellow "oldies", puts some younger "artists" to shame ! ! !


Fleetwood Mac is awesome. I'm glad you had a great time. I would never compare the "artists" of today to the "proper" artists of the 60's and 70's.

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection_zps2f177769.jpgWmart (TU): 802, Disc it (TU): 802, CKarma (TU): 767, AmEx (EX): 755, CSesame (EX): 710, Quizz (EQ): 778, myFICO (EQ): 770.
Oldest: AmEx: 26Y-2M, AAoA: 6Y-1M, Utl: 0.81%, 12/24 Inq: 5/15, Income: $99k, Garden: 03/30/2014. Updated 04/10/2014.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+