Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJMaxx upgrade question

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

TJMaxx upgrade question

Back in January, TJMaxx promoted some store cards to their MC, mine was one of those

Fast forward to today and the account still hasnt reported to the CBs. 3 statements have cut since the account opened

I even left  balance last month hoping this would trigger them to report

Any other upgraders out there having this issue?

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TJMaxx upgrade question

So what exactly happened?

A) Previously had a TJ Maxxx store card and was upgraded to a MC

Or

B) Applied for a store card and was given the MC

If it's A the reporting isn't going to change from store card to MC it will report the same as before.

If it's B I've seen new accounts take up to 90-120 days to report.
Message 2 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Answer is A - 2 year old store card got upgraded to a MasterCard

When Synchrony Bank promotes a store card to a bank card, a new tradeline is opened for the bankcard

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm my fiancée had a Walmart card switch to a MC card and it's still reporting the same it changed about 5 months ago. I believe it's backed by synchrony? Or comenity?

One of those, but the reporting has not changed for us at all.
Message 4 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

Back in January, TJMaxx promoted some store cards to their MC, mine was one of those

Fast forward to today and the account still hasnt reported to the CBs. 3 statements have cut since the account opened

I even left  balance last month hoping this would trigger them to report

Any other upgraders out there having this issue?

Thanks

Have there been any changes to how the original store account is reporting?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I closed the store card. I didnt need 2 TJM accounts. The closed account shows correctly. Side note, Ive already went through CS and got  CLI from
$3.5k to $8k

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand what you're saying at all...usually you'll get an offer to upgrade the current store card into a MC and it will just change the store card into the MC there wouldn't be two separate accounts.
Message 7 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't understand what you're saying at all...usually you'll get an offer to upgrade the current store card into a MC and it will just change the store card into the MC there wouldn't be two separate accounts.

Not with Synchrony... they are an exception. 

When they upgrade one of their store cards to the V/MV version they open a new trade line and close the old one; the history doesn't transfer over.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm then why with my fiancee's Walmart card didn't it do that? She switched in December. They're synchrony right?
Message 9 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm then why with my fiancee's Walmart card didn't it do that? She switched in December. They're synchrony right?

If you're correct that's truly exceptional... if you do a search here you'll see that's not usually what happens with Synch.

In any case, if she did get the history to transfer for her WM upgrade that's obviously great.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.