Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX CLI- Reachin for the moon-- Denial

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

TJX CLI- Reachin for the moon-- Denial

Today I requested a CLI from GE's TJX Mastercard and was denied.  The agent asked me how much I wanted and I told her and she came back with a denial.

My limit is $800 on this card, but have a few others from GE with way higher limits.  For this card I requested a $1700 increase with i thought was in the realm of all my other cards.  I have received and paid for 3 statements.

Question...should I ax this card as I have a Mastercard from my credit union which far exceeds this one?

Am I not to reach for the moon?  I know of no other way to goSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: TJX CLI- Reachin for the moon-- Denial

@JusdoNit wrote:

Today I requested a CLI from GE's TJX Mastercard and was denied.  The agent asked me how much I wanted and I told her and she came back with a denial.

My limit is $800 on this card, but have a few others from GE with way higher limits.  For this card I requested a $1700 increase with i thought was in the realm of all my other cards.  I have received and paid for 3 statements.

Question...should I ax this card as I have a Mastercard from my credit union which far exceeds this one?

i think they want a funky number like $1690

Message 2 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

i think they want a funky number like $1690

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley LOL  Thanks for the support.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'd try again at the 6 month mark, I'm thinking they will probably bump you up then.

What reason did they give you for denying a CLI ?   Did they at least counter~offer you a smaller CLI, or were you flat out rejected ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Flat decline with no counter which I thought was odd.  The overseas rep said I would get a letter in the mail.  I don't think I want to give them 6 more months.

?????????????????

Message 5 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You've already had the card for 3 months, right ?    Call them for a CLI when the card is 6 months old.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 12
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Wait... I thought the CLI guideline for GE cards was once every four months?

Message 7 of 12
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

You need to have the card longer. Patience Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 8 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Patience??? Where oh where can I find??? LOLSmiley Surprised

Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

To my knowledge GE requires an account to be open for 4 months before any CLI request is granted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.