Established Contributor
JusdoNit

TJX CLI- Reachin for the moon-- Denial

Today I requested a CLI from GE's TJX Mastercard and was denied.  The agent asked me how much I wanted and I told her and she came back with a denial.

My limit is $800 on this card, but have a few others from GE with way higher limits.  For this card I requested a $1700 increase with i thought was in the realm of all my other cards.  I have received and paid for 3 statements.

Question...should I ax this card as I have a Mastercard from my credit union which far exceeds this one?

Am I not to reach for the moon?  I know of no other way to go:smileywink:

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
dalebb

Re: TJX CLI- Reachin for the moon-- Denial

JusdoNit wrote:

Today I requested a CLI from GE's TJX Mastercard and was denied.  The agent asked me how much I wanted and I told her and she came back with a denial.

My limit is $800 on this card, but have a few others from GE with way higher limits.  For this card I requested a $1700 increase with i thought was in the realm of all my other cards.  I have received and paid for 3 statements.

Question...should I ax this card as I have a Mastercard from my credit union which far exceeds this one?

i think they want a funky number like $1690

Established Contributor
JusdoNit

dalebb wrote:

JusdoNit wrote:

i think they want a funky number like $1690

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileylol:  Thanks for the support.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

pizzadude

I'd try again at the 6 month mark, I'm thinking they will probably bump you up then.

What reason did they give you for denying a CLI ?   Did they at least counter~offer you a smaller CLI, or were you flat out rejected ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
JusdoNit

Flat decline with no counter which I thought was odd.  The overseas rep said I would get a letter in the mail.  I don't think I want to give them 6 more months.

?????????????????

pizzadude

You've already had the card for 3 months, right ?    Call them for a CLI when the card is 6 months old.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
steve23111

Wait... I thought the CLI guideline for GE cards was once every four months?

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)
Regular Contributor
Prettylady1

You need to have the card longer. Patience :smileywink:

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Established Contributor
JusdoNit

Patience??? Where oh where can I find??? LOL:smileysurprised:

Mega Contributor
LS2982

JusdoNit wrote:

To my knowledge GE requires an account to be open for 4 months before any CLI request is granted.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}