Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX MC Upgrade Offer.

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

TJX MC Upgrade Offer.

Should I take it?  I really don't see the need for it, but any thoughts?

Screen shot 2014-03-21 at 1.37.59 PM.png

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
estukay
New Contributor

Re: TJX MC Upgrade Offer.

Haha I work at TJ Maxx, go for it Smiley Wink!!!!

Message 2 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

YES!

Message 3 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I've had this offer like 2months ago, but since i declined the first time the offer went away...but then since i've got a CLI this month i guess they're offering it again.   From what i understand, it's a SP & it'll still be 1TL instead 2 right?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

It's not a new TL, is it? I would imagine they would just change up the current one.

Message 5 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

I've had this offer like 2months ago, but since i declined the first time the offer went away...but then since i've got a CLI this month i guess they're offering it again.   From what i understand, it's a SP & it'll still be 1TL instead 2 right?

yes but new tradeline.... only downside for some... id rather have it though and get higher limit!

Message 6 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

Go For it Buddy!! No HP anyhow na?

Message 7 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

It's not a new TL, is it? I would imagine they would just change up the current one.

Certain cards backed by GE are known for 2TLs, like Bloomingdales.  If you have the store card w/ them but end up upgrading your card to AMEX version, then you'll have 2 separate TLs.  However, I think for this card might just be 1TL, as I've just read this:

Your existing current TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will be CLOSED when you activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®. If you do not call to activate your new TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard®, after 90 days your TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® account will be CLOSED. Your existing TJX Rewards® Credit Card account will remain open.

mod cut-to remove personal email address~Lexie

Message 8 of 23
IWOL
Established Contributor

I dont think its worth it unless you will use the card. They will close your store card and you will get a new tradline which will hurt your AAoA. You will probbaly get an increase to $2500 or 3K but unless your going to use the card at those stores alot dont think teh small increase in CL is worth a new account.

If you have a strong AAoA and it wont affect it much and your not planning to app for other cards in near future, then go for it.

Message 9 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I dont think its worth it unless you will use the card. They will close your store card and you will get a new tradline which will hurt your AAoA. You will probbaly get an increase to $2500 or 3K but unless your going to use the card at those stores alot dont think teh small increase in CL is worth a new account.

If you have a strong AAoA and it wont affect it much and your not planning to app for other cards in near future, then go for it.

I'm thinking that although it'll be a new TL, i can still keep the opening date with it...i could be wrong though.  I do use the card on a monthly basis ($50~100) PIF.  Also, I don't think i'll be getting another CLI if i were to take this offer. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.