Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
DI
Super Contributor

Re: TJX Rewards Credit Card Moving From Chase To GE Money Bank

@stan_the_man wrote:

FYI

http://www.tjxrewards.com/changes.html

I hope they don't change cardmembers opening dates.  Fortunately, I don't have a TJX card. 

Message 2 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

First they were Capital One. Now they're Chase Bank and then it will be GE Money. What will be next?

Ron.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for the tj Maxx mastercard from chase last month. Will the mastercard branded one(the one oyu can use anywhere) will that be moved to gemb to?

Message 4 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

Kohls and now TJX, hmm, is chase reducing its store card portfolio or is it the stores that are moving away from chase? (as a wild thought, stores may be upset by chase's approval criteria as it can impact their business coz the borderline customers may get accepted more easily by cap1/gemb)

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@vish1 --

That's a hard question to answer because I thought GEMB was selling much of their co-branded portfolio.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up just to tell you guys:

I work for Marshalls (A TJX company store) and the reason we're switching from chase to GEM is because Chase kept denying people (and a whole heck of a lot of people). I work at the register and open up cards all the time. Rewards will be the same as chase and there's never a fee to open a card or annually. I know, it's all a lot of work to get people to open up cards, but sometimes when people have $400+ orders $10 off every $200 sounds pretty good and when you're approved you get 10% off... ahh, I'm not trying to sell you guys the card D: Don't get it unless you are able to pay it off!

So, in short terms: every thing's the same, the company just hopes for more approvals.

More approvals= more money

more money=happy company

Don't get me wrong, I love working at Marshalls... I HATE asking people to open up the card. 

Message 7 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

That wouldn't seem to explain why they changed from cap1 to chase,

would imagine it's a more complicated decision making process than meets the eye.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 was probably either not granting CLI's or wanting too much for their part of it. Just conjecture, but knowing Cap1, I would say it's probably due to CLI's and initial CL's.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.