Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX Rewards Credit Card Moving From Chase To GE Money Bank

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TJX Rewards Credit Card Moving From Chase To GE Money Bank

Welcome to the forums, Pe!

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 11 of 20
smc733
Valued Contributor

Simple, Chase and store cards don't get along.  Chase is about prime credit, store cards are about small limits for less than prime to prime customers.

Chase denying so many apps is the same problem people faced with the Kohl's store card, which is why it is sold.  GEMB is happy to give people with less than perfect credit a $300 line to charge 25.9% interest on.  It is a better move all around, Chase has consistency with the level of customers that hold their cards (very prime).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 20
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Have you seen the new cards that come with a new bank handling them?  They look much better than the old ones.  The picture below is from Darling Advertising Agency but the pictures in the stores suggest there would be red on the edge of the card kind of like the orange on the Discover cards.

Message 13 of 20
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Just noticed the "D. Barrett" on the cards, apparently Darling did not get the memo that Chase would not be handling the cards anymore.

Message 14 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

DW got her replacement card. It has a red edge.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that this has moved, does anyone know how to pay online? There appears to be. New login system, but there is no way to set up a new account when visiting the site and none of the customer service numbers I could find will connect with a human being.
Message 16 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

http://www.tjxrewards.com/

Start by clicking on "Have A Card". Then the "Register Now" button on the next page.

Message 17 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Make sure that you're paying the right people. If you need to pay Chase, you need to send a check.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I was viewing the site on my iPad and the necessary options just don't show up at all in the browser. I finally spoke with someone from the company and I will try to find a computer to access the site. Thanks for the reply.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

TJXRewards changed cards from Chase to GE Money Bank on 6/19/2011. The transition was totally flawed:

1. The first statement received from GE Money Bank on 7/5/2011 showed a late fee of $25 and interest. THESE ARE BOTH INCORRECT as I had automatic payment of full balance with Chase before the account was closed on 6/19/2011.

2. I called customer service right away and was promised that the 2 incorrect charges (late fee of $25 and interest) will be deleted and that the balance due will be revised accordingly. I just registered the account at tjxrewards web site and the balance is SHOWN INCORRECTLY  I.E., THE CORRECTION PROMISED ON THE PHONE WAS NOT MADE.

3. No statements are shown on line at tjxrewards web site. Since the old card doesn’t show at Chase web site anymore, I should be able to see SOMEWHERE the last 2 statements.

4. No points were received for the previous statement

Is my situation an aberration or were these errors made to all accounts transitioned from Chase? This means TENS OF THOUSANDS!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.