Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO APP OR NOT TO APP?

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: TO APP OR NOT TO APP?

Maybe it depends on the CC, but my Citi app, TY Preferred I think, was a double HP. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 11 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have crossed Citi off my list for anytime soon since I'm only about 2 years post BK7, but I'm also an avid Costco shopper and it's a card I hope to have some day.

For kicks and giggles I went to the pre qual page and put my info in... at the top in big bold letters it says something like "we couldn't match you to a pre qualified offer, but see these other 4 cards you might like" 

@Anonymous Costco anywhere is by itself at the top with a single APR of 16.24% - I think thats what it said.  Then below that are 4 more cards with ranges... So to investigate some more I went straight to the Citi cc page to look at all of them and the Costco is listed there as well @ the same APR so.... I'm not sure how solid it is, unless it actually said "congrats you are pre-qualified for the Citi Costco card".

Best of luck if you decide to apply and let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Certainly this is an important thing to look for.  I just tried to do it so I could screen cap that, but I'm currently prequalifying for the ThankYou family of cards so no help here.  Even in incognito mode both of the Costco cards are 16.24% for me, so it looks like that card has the same APR for all cardholders.  OP, please double-check that it's truly a prequalification.

Message 12 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Maybe it depends on the CC, but my Citi app, TY Preferred I think, was a double HP. 

And I just looked up my inquiries...  My Diamond Preferred was an EQ/EX double-hitter.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I get:

Capture.PNG

Message 14 of 22
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

That's a real prequal, good luck if you plan on apping. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add I had the exact same prequal and was instantly denied. Called for EO recon and still denied. Of course your results may be different.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I get:

Capture.PNG

Good luck whatever you decide but that looks like a great card especially if you shop at Costco.  Don't see how Citi is making money off this card.

Message 17 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I, too, was approved for a Citi card recently (Costco), with a SL of $4k with no pre-quals.

Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

No advice on whether to app or not, but the apr is a single rate for all cardholders.
Message 19 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

Maybe already stated, but on that Citi prequalification page, do you get other card offers, from cards that have ranges of APR as single APR? If you search for travel cards, does the American Airlines card turn up with a single APR? If not, then I have to doubt the strength of the offer. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.