Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOP Airline Miles Credit Cards !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOP Airline Miles Credit Cards !

OKAY after being a frequent reader for so long I finally have an up to date question that I can't seem to find in the community . Does anyone with airline credit card experience have advice on which are the top airline mile reward cards out there? I've cleaned and built my credit to a pretty good score but I'm trying to stick to only applying to cards that will be beneficial to me. HELP PLS. Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: TOP Airline Miles Credit Cards !

Do you fly a particular airline?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Also where you want to fly is another question that you may have to think about. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

It all depends on your airlines of choice, your location (Airport hub). I personally like Amex SPG, it gives you a bonus of 5k miles for every 20K miles transfer and it has the most number of transfer partners. Citi's American offerings are good too.

If you live in Atlanta or close to any other Delta hub, you can try Amex's Delta offerings and lastly if you are near a United hub (Chicago/Denver) go for Chase's offerings. Chase also offers the Southwest card.

Message 4 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes we need more info. Which airlines, what city pairs, amount of travel, existing bank relationships, how are your credit reports.

Or take my approach and go for them all.
Message 5 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Yes we need more info. Which airlines, what city pairs, amount of travel, existing bank relationships, how are your credit reports.

Or take my approach and go for them all.

Smiley Happy Good one 

Message 6 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OKAY after being a frequent reader for so long I finally have an up to date question that I can't seem to find in the community . Does anyone with airline credit card experience have advice on which are the top airline mile reward cards out there? I've cleaned and built my credit to a pretty good score but I'm trying to stick to only applying to cards that will be beneficial to me. HELP PLS. Smiley Indifferent

There is no right answer for this. airline cards are usually one of the last types of rewards cards people pick up. The major factors are what airlines do you have access to near your home? Are you near a hub? What airline are you flying? There is a 50k signup offer on the Citi AA card right now for 3k spend. The offer is decent, but if you aren't near an AA hub then may not be worth it. I avoid delta if I can because their miles program is garbage. If you have a CSP card and are saving up URs then maybe a chase united card and you can move over some URs to top off your account. There was a US air offer out there that was decent as well and will be merging with AA next quarter. You should only get a card for airlines you can easily get to to fly. The points devalue over time so its best to use them in the near future once earned. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no right answer for this. airline cards are usually one of the last types of rewards cards people pick up. The major factors are what airlines do you have access to near your home? Are you near a hub? What airline are you flying? There is a 50k signup offer on the Citi AA card right now for 3k spend. The offer is decent, but if you aren't near an AA hub then may not be worth it. I avoid delta if I can because their miles program is garbage. If you have a CSP card and are saving up URs then maybe a chase united card and you can move over some URs to top off your account. There was a US air offer out there that was decent as well and will be merging with AA next quarter. You should only get a card for airlines you can easily get to to fly. The points devalue over time so its best to use them in the near future once earned. 

+ 1 for Delta. They have promised a better redemption starting 2015 and I can already see the improvements. Just booked a trip to MSY for 25K miles. I would still stay away from Delta. I product changed my Delta to SPG after 1 year.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thanks for all the info... I really dont fly with one particular airlines

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i'm near newark airport in NJ, JFK & LaGuardia in NY. I mainly fly jet blue and American Airlines but sometimes others as well. I travel about 4 times a year. So basically each airline miles card is for a particular airline? I heard that  Capital one venture was good but I haven't really looked into it. I wanted to get more opinions from all you great experienced folks. Thanks for responding.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.