Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOP Airline Miles Credit Cards !

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: TOP Airline Miles Credit Cards !

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i'm near newark airport in NJ, JFK & LaGuardia in NY. I mainly fly jet blue and American Airlines but sometimes others as well. I travel about 4 times a year. So basically each airline miles card is for a particular airline? I heard that  Capital one venture was good but I haven't really looked into it. I wanted to get more opinions from all you great experienced folks. Thanks for responding.

Why do you want an airline card? Like what is important to you? free checked bag? priority boarding? the signup bonus for miles? lounge access? Where do you plan on flying to for which you want to use your points? If you check baggage then an airline card may be worth it if you use the same airline. I have the venture card but its basically a cash back card for travel. If your focused on redeeming for airfare that is not where I would start. Since your in NY you have access to lots of airlines. Isn't it great living here?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

Also when you fly how long are your flights? Are you going international and flying more than 25k miles in the course of a year?

;
Message 12 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i'm near newark airport in NJ, JFK & LaGuardia in NY. I mainly fly jet blue and American Airlines but sometimes others as well. I travel about 4 times a year. So basically each airline miles card is for a particular airline? I heard that  Capital one venture was good but I haven't really looked into it. I wanted to get more opinions from all you great experienced folks. Thanks for responding.

If  you live in NYC area you have access to almost every airline so you don't need to really pick and choose. There are cards that have multiple partners you can transfer to. Those cards are UR cards, MR cards, and SPG. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If  you live in NYC area you have access to almost every airline so you don't need to really pick and choose. There are cards that have multiple partners you can transfer to. Those cards are UR cards, MR cards, and SPG. 

Yes and no. UR, MR & SPG cards are good to start out with because they offer flexibility in terms of the airline you can fly and are usually better than airline cards. That being said since OP flies four times a year then the airline cards may work better. If OP can commit to a specific airline for flights she would save checked baggae fee and if she is flying far enough (and spending enough for some airlines) she can also aquire status that would enable a chance at upgrades, Some of the club cards will waive the AF for the first year and that would be a nice perk having free lounge access. 

;
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.