Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION

tag
mommyof4
Valued Member

TRANSUNION

Good Morning,

I have a issue that I'm not quite sure how to go about handling. I have a Bloomingdales and a Old Navy account that is not being reported by Transunion. What's really odd is The Bloomingdales had been reporting  up until the middle of last month by Transunion( not sure when or if Old Navy was on there). I have contact Old Navy and Bloomingdales, both have stated that they are reporting to ALL THREE credit agencies.

I called Transunion this morning and they said that it's the credit card company not reporting and they have not deleted the trade lines (oddly they still can't explain how Bloomingdales was there last month, but not this month). How do I go about handling this so that my reports are being reported correctly?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TRANSUNION

To clarify, they deleted sometime last month on their own? By per chance, did you dispute the TL at all or send any letters to them? Both report only once per month, when are your statement dates?

I have Bloomingdales, but they haven't stopped reporting as of today (for mine).

Message 2 of 11
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

I have had nothing but trouble trying to get Transunion to report some accounts correctly. In one situation, I even have a letter from my bank, showing they've contacted Transunion directly to correct the report, but in speaking with the bank rep, she advised me "good luck...they don't seem to respond quickly or at all sometimes, even when we're sending the information to them directly."

I'll be following this thread to see if anyone else has good advice for this situation. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this will help or not...

In my experience TU is pretty flaky in reporting accounts.

When I had GEMBJCPenney; GEMB Walmart & GEMBDillard's, they would report on and off - but hardly ever all three.  Dillard's would be off the report for a few months at a time - Walmart would go off and on; and JCPenney would usually report but not always.   EQuifax and EXPerian didn't exhibit this same pattern - they always reported them all.  And TU would always report all my other accounts - the problem always seemed to occur with this group.

I closed the Walmart and JCPenneys.  Now that I only have GEMB Dillard's, all my cards and accounts always report.  It's like I went over their reporting capacity for GEMB or something (I don't have that many total accounts - maybe 18 or something altogether).

At any rate, I know your accounts are different - but that was my TU experience.  It affected my AAofA and my utilization which would jump around a bit and I wouldn't be able to predict who they would report on which month.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed an acct that was taken over by FDIC,etc

and they removed the entire history giving me a

shorter credit history by over a year.

EQ and EX have it right.

Message 5 of 11
mommyof4
Valued Member

OK!! So today I check m credit report via USAA Bank ad see that Old Navy is reporting again, but the Gap is not. Is it possible that Transunion looks at it as the same account? What really is making me upset is that one, I have a balance on the Gap card of 113.00 and a 0 balance on the Old Navy card. Two if I call Transunion I will end up getting a generic reason as to what has happened to the account.

I'm still lost as to what to do to get them to report both accounts at the same time and Bloomingdales is still not being reported.

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@mommyof4 wrote:

OK!! So today I check m credit report via USAA Bank ad see that Old Navy is reporting again, but the Gap is not. Is it possible that Transunion looks at it as the same account? What really is making me upset is that one, I have a balance on the Gap card of 113.00 and a 0 balance on the Old Navy card. Two if I call Transunion I will end up getting a generic reason as to what has happened to the account.

I'm still lost as to what to do to get them to report both accounts at the same time and Bloomingdales is still not being reported.

Did it fall of on its own or did you dispute it at one point?

Message 7 of 11
mommyof4
Valued Member

This is a open account. Both Gap and Old Navy have been open since 04.
Message 8 of 11
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

do you by chance have another DSNB account besides bloomies?

Gap and old navy are both GEMB cards correct? this only affects TU correct?  TU has problems with something called credit matching filters. I have bloomies and macy's and those accounts circle on and off my TU report all the time, hardly ever do they both report on TU at the same time. I've given up on on writing to TU to fix this, as it is always temporary fix.... I just wonder if that could be your problem. TXjohn wrote in about credit matching filters and I'm pretty sure he hit the nail on the head, the reason for the inconsistency.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
mommyof4
Valued Member

I do have another DSNB accout ( Macys), but Macys seems to always report monthly on TU.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.