Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU 04 v TU 98...Scoring HIGHER on New Model

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU 04 v TU 98...Scoring HIGHER on New Model

I was curious if anyone knows all the places that pull the newer TU 04 score over the classic TU 98.... I got my final pull for my credit from my lender....

Of my 3 scores listed, the biggest difference I noticed came from the new 04 score being close to 40 points HIGHER with the new TU 04 score....as I looked at it, I am thinking that the newer score places less emphasis on new accounts and inquiries....

Maybe someone can help me out here w/ places that pull the new score AND the scoring difference....(which may even be a guess at this point)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: TU 04 v TU 98...Scoring HIGHER on New Model

bump

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i think the old model takes balances from charge cards like amex charge cards factored into utilization or any card that reports as npsl or no preset spending limit. The new model doesnt factor those accounts into total utilization

amazon
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, I don't have any cards without a preset spending limit.

My TU 04 is about 25 points higher thanTU98.  (741 vs. 716)

I've heard rumblings that your more recent credit history (as in the last two years) has a slightly greater impact in the newer version - but I could be wrong.  My baddie is almost ready to age off - so that makes sense in my case.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the variations in the two scores will chime in.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.