cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU- Apply for Barclays Ring and Chase Freedom CLI at same time so they dont see each other?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU- Apply for Barclays Ring and Chase Freedom CLI at same time so they dont see each other?

Hello I plan on apply for Barclays Rin and also need a Chase Freedom CLI/

I have heard these are both TU.

Is there a way to do both at the same same so they don't see each other?

PS Is this being too sneaky?

Would Chase CLI be viat chat , account online or executive office to pull this off?

I assume Barclays via web App.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU- Apply for Barclays Ring and Chase Freedom CLI at same time so they dont see each other?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello I plan on apply for Barclays Rin and also need a Chase Freedom CLI/

I have heard these are both TU.

Is there a way to do both at the same same so they don't see each other?

PS Is this being too sneaky?

Would Chase CLI be viat chat , account online or executive office to pull this off?

I assume Barclays via web App.

This is outdated and IMO would be unethical, with todays computers it takes milliseconds for an inquiry to show up, the second one would see the first.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU- Apply for Barclays Ring and Chase Freedom CLI at same time so they dont see each other?

if thats the case would you app for Barclays first, then the Chase CLI?

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's ignore the fact it is impossible....

Please explain how it would be "unethical"? Because I am completely missing it. Both lenders get their precious HP....
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

And no. I'd try Chase first then Barclay's.
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok ty all!

Message 6 of 28
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Barclaycards 1st. 

But but if your inquiries are low then it shouldn't even matter. 

App barclay then do your chase requested right after.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY All.

For Chase ...(Freedom).. would I apply for CLI via  Web, Chat or calling?

Is there any difference, experiance?

PS only 4 inquiries on TU and all over 6 mo.

Message 8 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

For the past few days, I've been thinking about this.

This community, all of a sudden, seems to be filled with the word "unethical". It's getting sprinkled in some heavy does, and there's some decently heavy talk going around.

Let's be honest. Ethics is a very complicated topic, studied at some of the highest levels of organizations and universities. Many of us are not qualified enough to make judgmental calls such as an action is "unethical", unless we're talking about clear-cut actions such as stealing identity to gain credit.

I believe another member in a different post put the difference nicely: there are things that are unethical, and there are things that this forum does not want to promote. It is likely that the latter has financial implications; it's also possible that the two sets have some overlap. 

However, on this forum, we're particularly concerned about the second set. So let's just get by the phrase "MyFICO does not allow discussion of topic X" where "X" has been stated in the TOC somewhere. Let's refrain from some indiscriminate use of the word "unethical".

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

For the past few days, I've been thinking about this.

This community, all of a sudden, seems to be filled with the word "unethical". It's getting sprinkled in some heavy does, and there's some decently heavy talk going around.

Let's be honest. Ethics is a very complicated topic, studied at some of the highest levels of organizations and universities. Many of us are not qualified enough to make judgmental calls such as an action is "unethical", unless we're talking about clear-cut actions such as stealing identity to gain credit.

I believe another member in a different post put the difference nicely: there are things that are unethical, and there are things that this forum does not want to promote. It is likely that the latter has financial implications; it's also possible that the two sets have some overlap. 

However, on this forum, we're particularly concerned about the second set. So let's just get by the phrase "MyFICO does not allow discussion of topic X" where "X" has been stated in the TOC somewhere. Let's refrain from some indiscriminate use of the word "unethical".

It may be off topic but it does have to do with a previous post in this thread.

Absolutely agree.

That was me. I won't reiterate it but the facts are the facts.

Yes, please. Thank you in advance.

Back to topic though, as previously mentioned. The lenders will see each other's inquiries if they pull the same bureau regardless if you had two clickers going at the same exact millisecond. Sometime's a lender doesn't pull a report until they verify you really applied. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.