cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO scores drop after recent apps, how long of wait shoud i expect before climbing back up?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: TU FICO scores drop after recent apps, how long of wait shoud i expect before climbing back up?

IMO, your less than 1yr AAOA factored into your drop significantly. Inq's do lessen after 6 mos and does not factor into FICO scoring after 1 yr. the score ding does not continue over 6 mos but what you'll see are the dings for the inq's, the new accts reporting and bal reporting on those new accts. Usually, they do not occur during the same month so it looks like the dings go on forever.
Message 11 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: TU FICO scores drop after recent apps, how long of wait shoud i expect before climbing back up?

@09Lexie wrote:
IMO, your less than 1yr AAOA factored into your drop significantly. Inq's do lessen after 6 mos and does not factor into FICO scoring after 1 yr. the score ding does not continue over 6 mos but what you'll see are the dings for the inq's, the new accts reporting and bal reporting on those new accts. Usually, they do not occur during the same month so it looks like the dings go on forever.

+1

Message 12 of 19
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Thank You! I totally understand now. If you have more than a year's history, the effects of inquiries/shortened AAoA are minimal. 

Message 13 of 19
iainlbc
Valued Member

Do you bank with Chase or have a previous relationship with them?

I was under the impression the CSP was a 690+ card (better chances if you had a freedom with them for awhie etc.)

Thanks!

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 14 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@iainlbc wrote:

Do you bank with Chase or have a previous relationship with them?

I was under the impression the CSP was a 690+ card (better chances if you had a freedom with them for awhie etc.)

Thanks!

Yes, I do.  I was not expecting to be approved for the CSP at all, since i burned them bad back in 2001.  Funny thing is, I didn't even know that I burned them until I applied for Chase Amazon back in June, i called recon and the analyst told me why I burned them before lol.  Anyways, with my credit profile & number of new accounts opened when applying for CSP, I thought I had no chance.  When I submitted the app, it didn't give me the "denied" msg, but said "need further review", so i called right away and the analyst verified my info and said "congratulations!".  You have no idea how great that feeling is!  I literally said thank you like 20times.  I guess banking with Chase for the past 5+ year helped in my opinion. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 15 of 19
iainlbc
Valued Member

Very cool! I've been debating switching my banking over to the so they the DDs/income. I think im going to just app the freedom (around 690 now, sig outdated) and grow that for a year or two before CSP. Didn't mean to highjack your thread, thanks for sharing and congrats! What an awesome card Smiley Happy

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 16 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Thank you!  I owe everything to this forum and its members.  Gluck to you and hope that CSP will be in your hands in just a matter of time. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 17 of 19
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Thank You! I totally understand now. If you have more than a year's history, the effects of inquiries/shortened AAoA are minimal. 

Well, not minimal, but noticeably less.

The longer your history becomes (and your AAoA along with it), the less impact a new inquiry (or two or three) will have.

When you're starting out, your score is very "sensitive", shall we say.  And over time it becomes more resilient, as long as you don't do anything drastic.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 18 of 19
YahComb
Established Contributor

one thing about inquiries-take into account the number too, not just how long. it ill depend on your bucket-there was a 16 point difference between 3 and 4 inquiries under 1 year old for me earlier this year. I saw it go both ways, when i had an inquiry age over 1 year, gained 16 points. When i apped again not long after, immediately lost 16 points.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.