Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU is now clean,who 2 app for?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

TU is now clean,who 2 app for?

My collection fell off today on my transunion and its now clean.I'm trying to decide which prime CC company pull mostly transunion? Any advice?

Btw,Equifax hopefully will be next by april. 7 years is a long time to have negatives on your credit report. Life is a learning lesson.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: TU is now clean,who 2 app for?

GE bank, Barclays are known to pull TU only. Discover can pull TU also but a chance EQ gets dinged also.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which state do you live in? It can vary by state too.

Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE 99% of the time pulls TU plus their CLI's are all SPs.
Message 4 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Devil's advocate:

How is your util?  Inq?

make sure you are putting the best face  that you can for them. Smiley Happy

Grats on that last baddie going away. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 17
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Maybe try for an ebay mastercard if you have no other pay pal accounts.

GE has pulled TU for me most if not all the time.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 6 of 17
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

People seem to like the Priceline Visa, which is issued by Barclays, as a general 2% on everything card.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 7 of 17
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Are you sure you aren't looking at this backwards? Instead of looking for cards you CAN GET, why not look at cards you WANT or that would HELP YOU? If your eq will be clean in less than 2 months, it would be a shame to lose the opportunity to get cards you want because you applied for a bunch you could. 

Yeah, GE pulls TU, but does having a card with little to no rewards and a high interest rate really help you? Sure, they "grow with you", but so does any bank (except maybe Cap1). The others just grow a little slower. And barclay's is pretty notorious for taking adverse action if you apply for a bunch of stuff in the 6 months AFTER you get their card. So if you want the priceline visa (2% cash back is pretty good), you should apply for that last, not first. 

Is your EX going to remain with negatives for a while? If not, why not wait until all 3 are clean, then review your current cards and identify the gaps. At a minimum, you should have one card with a low interest rate (for emergencies and when you NEED to carry a balance short term), one with a good rewards structure (for most people, that means cash rewards with bonus categories that reflect their actual spending habits) and one with great customer service/customer support. Unless you spend a lot of money, getting more cards beyond a certain points just dilutes the value of the individual rewards programs. I love USAA as an institution, but every dollar I put on their card is a dollar I don't put on the CSP. If it comes time to use my UR points and I find myself a thousand short of my goal, I'll be pretty pissed that I spent money on other cards. 

I know this board beats the idea of high limits for high limits sake to death. But grabbing a few good cards from a few good banks and using them responsibly WILL grow your limits. And they will be high limits on cards you actually use. In a little over a year, I've grown my limits from 1400 to a little over 60k without applying for a single GE card. With the exception of the USAA card, these are all cards I use monthly and they all serve a purpose beyond just having a high limit. 

Focus on the long term, choose cards that help YOU achieve YOUR goals and resist the temptation to get cards just because you can. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 8 of 17
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

+1.

Message 9 of 17
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which state do you live in? It can vary by state too.

I'm in the great state of North Carolina.Home of the BLUE DEVILS!! Home of the WOLFPACK. And last but not least Home of the TARHEELS!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.