Senior Contributor
mickie08

TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

Are there any card companies that pull from exclusively either TU or Experian.  I have a baddie from LVNV funding that I can not seem to get removed from Equifax.

Also, If I accept a pre-approved card, will that initially lower my score due to the new account or help it due to lower utilization?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

mickie08 wrote:
Are there any card companies that pull from exclusively either TU or Experian.  I have a baddie from LVNV funding that I can not seem to get removed from Equifax.

Discover (EX or TU)
Amex (EX)
WaMu (EX or TU)
BofA (EX, maybe also TU)
Juniper (TU)
Macy's (EX)
Hooters (TU)

mickie08 wrote:

Also, If I accept a pre-approved card, will that initially lower my score due to the new account or help it due to lower utilization?

Both.  The net effect on your score will depend on which of those two factors have the greatest impact.  That's impossible to predict without knowing details of your reports like current utilization, number of CC accounts, and average age of all accounts on your reports.

BTW, you said "if I accept a pre-approved card."  Keep in mind that it's still possible to be denied, even if you have a preapproval.  Nothing is guaranteed.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: TU or Exp credit pulls for cards

As cheddar pointed out, when it comes to non-EQ pulling cards, you've pretty much hit the jackpot. Take your pick.

Stay away from CUs though, most seem to be EQ happy.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}