Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU reporting same account twice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU reporting same account twice.

I recently pulled my TU report, and while going over it I noticed that my Lane Bryant card was listed twice.

Technically, both of them are correct: the first one is the number that's on the card I have, but to access the bill pay, I have to use the 16 digit number that's listed on the second record. I'm not really sure what to do, if anything.

Should I dispute in some way (if so, what do I say?) or not even bother? The first one is showing delinquent payments and the second isn't, and they are reporting the same open date. Those lates are my only baddies on TU and I'd love to see them GO!

LANE BRYANT #xxx xxx xxx
PO BOX 182121 COLUMBUS , OH 43218-2121
(800) 888-9265
Balance: $0 Date Updated: 08/2007 High Balance: $0 Credit Limit: $200 Past Due: $0 Pay Status: Paid or Paying as Agreed Account Type: Revolving Account Responsibility: Individual Account Date Opened: 11/1991 Date Paid: 04/2004 Loan Type: Charge Account Maximum delinquency of 60 days in 02/2003 for $25

LANE BRYANT #xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
450 WINKS LANE BENSALEM , PA 19020
(513) 965-6901
Balance: $0 Date Updated: 03/2008 High Balance: $307 Credit Limit: $200 Past Due: $0 Pay Status: Paid or Paying as Agreed Account Type: Revolving Account Responsibility: Individual Account Date Opened: 11/1991 Date Paid: 09/2007 Loan Type: Credit Card

Message Edited by tessarue on 04-20-2008 10:42 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU reporting same account twice.

LB used to be serviced by World Financial National Bank (WFNNB) it is now serviced by spirit of America

Goto - you should have gotten a new card a few months ago-
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so is there anything I should/can do? It looks like I have two accounts.

And I didn't receive a new card, but my old one still works...Weird.
Message 3 of 4
hmcbride222

I had the same thing happen to me..
The first address for Columbus Ohio is the WFNNB prior to the recent buyout by Spirit of America.. As long as its 000 I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm fighting mine because it looks like 2 different accounts with them have 2 different balances and account numbers.. The first one for me is 0.00 balance but it has not been updated with TU since 10/2007 and it is showing up as negative..
I'm all fired up right now !!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.