Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU weirdly reporting AU cards

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

TU weirdly reporting AU cards

I had my mother as an AU on a Capital One, Chase, and 2 Citi cards. The C1 and one of the Citi cards have been closed, and she was removed from the Chase. She's only an AU on one card and has 3 of her own. According to CK, EQ is reporting the cards and limits correctly but TU is still showing the two cards that were closed and the one she was removed from. What gives? Granted, the change would drastically affect her UTL but i don't think it helps to have inaccurate info showing
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU weirdly reporting AU cards

The next step is for your mother to dispute them off the CR as "not hers."

Simply closing and removing her won't take them off her report anymore than closing a card would take them off your reports.
Message 2 of 4
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The next step is for your mother to dispute them off the CR as "not hers."

Simply closing and removing her won't take them off her report anymore than closing a card would take them off your reports.

It's interesting you say that because her other report doesn't lost the cards anymore. Just her cards and the one she's an AU on still 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.

Maybe it varies from bureau to bureau or lender to lender?

Or maybe I'm wrong and TU will follow suit, they're just slower.

I just know everything I've read says to dispute them off if they stay on the CR after removing the AU.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.