Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU98 vs TU04 vs etc.

tag
Erica1
Regular Contributor

TU98 vs TU04 vs etc.

I see the variations of TU scores in different threads, people's signatures, and what not. I'm assuming that the different numbers have to do with years the scoring system was implemented...maybe? Smiley Happy What are the differences? Do most banks use one more than the other? Does it vary company to company? "My friends call me Whiskers 'cause I'm curious like a cat" Smiley Happy...just wondering.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU98 vs TU04 vs etc.

I know a big difference is TU98 will factor charge cards into utilization using the high balance as a limit while the newer ones will not factor charge cards.

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Whiskers ~ the 98, 04, 08 FICO versions are based on the year that FICO revised the scoring model ~ each CRA sells a FICO model to creditors, either the newest, or oldest, etc....based on the model that the creditor chooses to use.

Most creditors only use a single version at a time, and they are typically slow to change over to newer models.

The newer versions weigh utilization more significantly, so if you have high %util then you could be penalized more.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Erica1 wrote:
I see the variations of TU scores in different threads, people's signatures, and what not. I'm assuming that the different numbers have to do with years the scoring system was implemented...maybe? Smiley Happy What are the differences? Do most banks use one more than the other? Does it vary company to company? "My friends call me Whiskers 'cause I'm curious like a cat" Smiley Happy...just wondering.

Here is a good thread talking about The Many Flavors of FICO.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.