Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO AMEX DELTA QUESTIONS

tag
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

TWO AMEX DELTA QUESTIONS

Can I make a sky miles mall purchasto and it qualify as a delta purchase? I am trying to get a delta purchase for my $50 statement credit. 

Can I get extra points if I sign up for sky dining? Seems like my cc points would be separate from what delta tracks. If so can I combine the two points at any point to purchase a flight??

thanks!!!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: TWO AMEX DELTA QUESTIONS

Unsure if you get credit for the SkyMiles site, but you for sure do for small Delta purchases.  And yes, you do get additional skymiles on top of your normal earnings with the Delta card.  Also, if you want you can connect another rewards card to Sky Dining and get points that way (I do that with my Chase Amazon card).

Message 2 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I purchased a $50 voucher from delta and received my statement credit a few days later. .. Just another way to get that $50 back. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 5
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

I purchased a $50 voucher from delta and received my statement credit a few days later. .. Just another way to get that $50 back. 

I did this as well.  I didn't have any trip come up as I expected in the first 90 days.  I can apply the voucher to a future trip and the net cost was $0.  It did take about 4 business days to post, if you want it to net on the same billing cycle.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 4 of 5
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!!

@brusilov. I was just wondering if the sky miles mall was additional points. I just made a purchase and was kickin mysel since I did not use a discount for $10 off which would have been better since I was thinking I was only getting rewards from my delta card in the mall. Now I see I was getting my delta points and the mall points. 

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.