Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TY MyFico & Home Depot

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY MyFico & Home Depot

I have been visiting these forums for a long time and was reading tonight to distract myself until Monday. I read another post about someone checking an account and getting a CLI they hadn't expected.

I purchased my current home in July of 09. Absolutely love it. In November, I finally had the bathroom remodeled and got the jacuzzi tub I had been dying for for almost as long as I'd been on my own. Of course, I put balances on the cards to do that (love 0% interest!). I was planning to pay them off and start slowly saving for Solar energy in the house. Unfortunately, my air conditioning had other plans. It's around 12 years old and I had a company come out last week for my semi annual check up and found out the unit is DOA.

I was in a bit of a panic because my HD CL was $1250 or so. I don't have all the funds I need and you do not want to live summer in Arizona wthout airconditioning. The company I have the service plan with currently (the previous owner had it and it carried to me. I had to pay nothing.) came out and I of course didn't have the funds for the entire new unit.

We tried to get me approved with Home Depot & they had to take some time to check it out. Met with someone the next day that tried to get me approved with Wells Fargo. They're hopefully going to get back to me Monday or Tuesday but I just checked tonight and my CL is now $6875. This is the card with the highest CL I've had since I stupidly screwed up my credit 12-14 years ago. I am still in shock and feeling semi relieved.

I'm sure some of you understand.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: TY MyFico & Home Depot

Congrats! I know you'll be glad to get that AC fixed. I can imagine how unbearable a summer would be in AZ with no AC. Texas is bad enough!

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

TYVM! I just wish I knew 'now' instead of having to wait a few more days which type of system I'll qualify for. I know, patience is a virtue, right?

Message 3 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I know how wonderful it is to be able to be approved for credit when you weren't able to for years. I still have to pinch myself to be sure it's real. Like, "I was really approved? Really?!" Great feeling, huh? Smiley Very Happy Enjoy your new a/c! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been visiting these forums for a long time and was reading tonight to distract myself until Monday. I read another post about someone checking an account and getting a CLI they hadn't expected.

I purchased my current home in July of 09. Absolutely love it. In November, I finally had the bathroom remodeled and got the jacuzzi tub I had been dying for for almost as long as I'd been on my own. Of course, I put balances on the cards to do that (love 0% interest!). I was planning to pay them off and start slowly saving for Solar energy in the house. Unfortunately, my air conditioning had other plans. It's around 12 years old and I had a company come out last week for my semi annual check up and found out the unit is DOA.

I was in a bit of a panic because my HD CL was $1250 or so. I don't have all the funds I need and you do not want to live summer in Arizona wthout airconditioning. The company I have the service plan with currently (the previous owner had it and it carried to me. I had to pay nothing.) came out and I of course didn't have the funds for the entire new unit.

We tried to get me approved with Home Depot & they had to take some time to check it out. Met with someone the next day that tried to get me approved with Wells Fargo. They're hopefully going to get back to me Monday or Tuesday but I just checked tonight and my CL is now $6875. This is the card with the highest CL I've had since I stupidly screwed up my credit 12-14 years ago. I am still in shock and feeling semi relieved.

I'm sure some of you understand.

Very nice congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.