Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TYP adds transfer partners

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: TYP adds transfer partners

@jsucool76 wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that in order to take part in this with a citi forward card, you would also need another thankyou card? 

I don't see airline transfers anywhere in my thankyou portal. 

its the old citi forward that has 5x dining and entertainment i think it was that people are talking about who got grandfathered in. You need to have premeir or prestige to be able to transfer to partners. 

Its interesting that citi has stepped up their game to try and compete with UR, MR , and SPG. Competition is always an good thing for us consumers!!!

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 26
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

I was looking at Flying Blue this morning. 50k points RT from LAX to CDG in Paris. Even with 200 ish in fuel surcharges that isn't bad. Also, every month they release Promo awards that are either 25 or 50% off for points requirements. This month there are offering select US locations to Eurpore or Amsterdam for like 25k miles RT. That's pretty amazing really.

wow...really liking that offer. Have close to 100k TY points accumulated already....Smiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that in order to take part in this with a citi forward card, you would also need another thankyou card? 

its the old citi forward that has 5x dining and entertainment i think it was that people are talking about who got grandfathered in. You need to have premeir or prestige to be able to transfer to partners. 

Its interesting that citi has stepped up their game to try and compete with UR, MR , and SPG. Competition is always an good thing for us consumers!!!

I have the 5x citi forward. And maybe I'll app for a premier card....

Message 13 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

its really appealing now since it looks like its better than 5x freedom csp combo :-) i will have to study more about what partners i would actually use last time i checked i think SQ, etihad, and Cathay for very nice options. I will have to look at the new partners for some Europe trips :-) I don't have the old forward :-(

I know forward + premeir/prestige looks really good now , but what about typ and premier/prestige is that viable?

Message 14 of 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

its really appealing now since it looks like its better than 5x freedom csp combo :-) i will have to study more about what partners i would actually use last time i checked i think SQ, etihad, and Cathay for very nice options. I will have to look at the new partners for some Europe trips :-) I don't have the old forward :-(

I know forward + premeir/prestige looks really good now , but what about typ and premier/prestige is that viable?

Mong, unless my memory fails there would be no reason to have the preferred if you have the premier or prestige.

And yeah, look at Flying blue. Good deals on RT tickets, even more so for you I would imagine since you're on the east coast.

Message 15 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I don't think TYP offers anything that the Premier doesn't already have.  Preferred is 2x on travel and entertainment, Premier is 3x

Message 16 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I don't think TYP offers anything that the Premier doesn't already have.  Preferred is 2x on travel and entertainment, Premier is 3x

Ahh i see i still think i like SPG, MR, and UR points better i did some investigating. The ones that do intrigue me are SQ, but you can get them with all 4 rewards programs if i am not mistakened. I like the 60k business to Maui from JFK . Everytime i think about it the more annoyed i get about amex lol 

Message 17 of 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Ahh i see i still think i like SPG, MR, and UR points better i did some investigating. The ones that do intrigue me are SQ, but you can get them with all 4 rewards programs if i am not mistakened. I like the 60k business to Maui from JFK . Everytime i think about it the more annoyed i get about amex lol 

TY and MR partners overlap a bit. Then it would depend which categories you spend more in. Dining, and entertainment with Citi, supermarkets and gas go AMEX.

Message 18 of 26
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Hey buddy!

I just saw too. I may use Air France then. Planning a small vacation lol. 

Isn't Air France part of Delta? or the network or something lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 19 of 26
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Hey buddy!

I just saw too. I may use Air France then. Planning a small vacation lol. 

Isn't Air France part of Delta? or the network or something lol

Lol, yeah. They are part of skyTeam Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.