Re: TYP adds transfer partners

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that in order to take part in this with a citi forward card, you would also need another thankyou card? 

I don't see airline transfers anywhere in my thankyou portal. 

its the old citi forward that has 5x dining and entertainment i think it was that people are talking about who got grandfathered in. You need to have premeir or prestige to be able to transfer to partners. 

Its interesting that citi has stepped up their game to try and compete with UR, MR , and SPG. Competition is always an good thing for us consumers!!!

I have the 5x citi forward. And maybe I'll app for a premier card....

its really appealing now since it looks like its better than 5x freedom csp combo :-) i will have to study more about what partners i would actually use last time i checked i think SQ, etihad, and Cathay for very nice options. I will have to look at the new partners for some Europe trips :-) I don't have the old forward :-(

I know forward + premeir/prestige looks really good now , but what about typ and premier/prestige is that viable?

I don't think TYP offers anything that the Premier doesn't already have.  Preferred is 2x on travel and entertainment, Premier is 3x

Ahh i see i still think i like SPG, MR, and UR points better i did some investigating. The ones that do intrigue me are SQ, but you can get them with all 4 rewards programs if i am not mistakened. I like the 60k business to Maui from JFK . Everytime i think about it the more annoyed i get about amex lol 

TY and MR partners overlap a bit. Then it would depend which categories you spend more in. Dining, and entertainment with Citi, supermarkets and gas go AMEX.

It comes down to entertainment with Citi since CSP is still going to be dining card since i value UR more than TYP or MR, for that matter. The thing is i am not getting any offers fro amex so gas and groceries are going to be going for SM for the foreseeable future. I am not seen as an valued customer according to Amex. Long time customers aren't valued much by amex. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Hey buddy!

I just saw too. I may use Air France then. Planning a small vacation lol. 

Isn't Air France part of Delta? or the network or something lol

Yes Air France can trasnfer to delta. There are few options for delta i think korean air is part of delta with UR points. 

Message 22 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

The thing is i am not getting any offers fro amex so gas and groceries are going to be going for SM for the foreseeable future. I am not seen as an valued customer according to Amex. Long time customers aren't valued much by amex. 

But at least you are not bitter about it and hardly ever mention the lack of a 50K offer!

Have you considered saying you are thinking about cancelling and see what retention offer they might give you?

Message 23 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

The thing is i am not getting any offers fro amex so gas and groceries are going to be going for SM for the foreseeable future. I am not seen as an valued customer according to Amex. Long time customers aren't valued much by amex. 

But at least you are not bitter about it and hardly ever mention the lack of a 50K offer!

Have you considered saying you are thinking about cancelling and see what retention offer they might give you?

Hah , meh i think their retention offer will be don't let the door hit you on the way out lol

Message 24 of 26
IWOL
Established Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Just noticed this morning that Citi's Thank You Program has added two more transfer partners, bringing the total up to nine, which are:

Asia Miles

EVA Air InfinityMileage Lands

Etihad Guest

Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)

Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer

Malaysia Airlines Enrich

Qatar Airways Privilage Club

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus

Flying Blue has some pretty awesome points rates, and although they levy fuel surcharges, they are not as brutal as British Airways.

Do the TYP transfer 1 to 1 to all these airlines.

I've been looking for a way to earn EVA miles outside of getting a Taiwanese CC. I go to Vietnam through Tapei3t times a year and their Laurel Class lay flat is nice and can be upgraded to from Economy Premium for just 20k points.

Message 25 of 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@IWOL wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Just noticed this morning that Citi's Thank You Program has added two more transfer partners, bringing the total up to nine, which are:

Asia Miles

EVA Air InfinityMileage Lands

Etihad Guest

Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)

Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer

Malaysia Airlines Enrich

Qatar Airways Privilage Club

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus

Flying Blue has some pretty awesome points rates, and although they levy fuel surcharges, they are not as brutal as British Airways.

Do the TYP transfer 1 to 1 to all these airlines.

I've been looking for a way to earn EVA miles outside of getting a Taiwanese CC. I go to Vietnam through Tapei3t times a year and their Laurel Class lay flat is nice and can be upgraded to from Economy Premium for just 20k points.

Yeah, I looked at the Thank You page yesterday, and unless I missed something, all their airline partners are 1:1.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.