Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TaDaaaaa....!!

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

TaDaaaaa....!!

What's the saying? If at first you don't succeed.... I apped for Freedom last night and got the 7-10 day message. Early this afternoon, I called and spoke with Brandy who denied me for inquiries (even though I explained I was auto shopping). She said no go, wait a year.  I simply was not willing to accept a denial for a HP.  So I called back about two hours later and Tina asked me a ton of questions...Why did I want the card? Why the new credit (I have three new cards in 6 months. Told her I was simply moving some things around, closing some accounts in favor of others, etc.)?  Ever filed BK? Address? She then put me on hold for a bit and I thought she would come back with like a $500 CL which is better than a denial given the inquiry. On this, my second recon call, Tina (bless her heart!!!) reversed the denial on my Freedom app and approved me with a $2000 CL!! Smiley Very Happy 

I am so done apping! I now have the Chase trifecta and plan to use it to the fullest. I have all the cards I set out to get on this journey thanks to these forums. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: TaDaaaaa....!!

Congratulations!! With a pretty nice limit too considering the fact you were initially denied! Smiley Very Happy 

I would've done the same thing if my inqs were from auto shopping. Before I came to this forum I saw a denial as a denial, didn't know you could call up and ask for recons. I probably could've started my credit journey a year earlier than I did had I started here first Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 10
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

$2000 is good starting limit Chase denied me for Slate last month due to BK !!! But I have Freedom !!

Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That's a great CL on recon. They only approved me for $3k earlier this year and wouldn't increase it on recon. Sounds like you got a really nice rep. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 10
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I did the same as you last week and received the same limit! I can truly understand your joy! Thank goodness for nice reps.
Message 6 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats on your persistence!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

congrats to u ....nice cl on a recon.....

Message 8 of 10
adavis425
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! Yeah, she was totally cool and laid back. I just flat out told her how I really wanted the card and anything she could do to help me out would be really appreciated. We chatted about my job (cause she verified employer and salary) and such. Yeah, she was really helpful. The first rep acted like the cl was coming out of her pay.Smiley Mad

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 9 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

Thanks guys! Yeah, she was totally cool and laid back. I just flat out told her how I really wanted the card and anything she could do to help me out would be really appreciated. We chatted about my job (cause she verified employer and salary) and such. Yeah, she was really helpful. The first rep acted like the cl was coming out of her pay.Smiley Mad

Yeah, I've talked to reps like that. Very frustrating. Glad you had the persistance to call back and talk to someone having a better day! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.