cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take advantage of the 0% or pay off quickly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take advantage of the 0% or pay off quickly?

Card is Care Credit that is maxxed this month on rpeorts.  Just made a payment (110% of min) which will rpeort mid month.

I am NOT buying anything till end of June - how bad is this card hurting scoring and where is the break point? ( I know less than 10% is the best but it IS 0% for a year)  80%, 50% or 20% - or should I just take the hit?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take advantage of the 0% or pay off quickly?

It all depends on when you need a high credit score. If you have no need for a high score for the foreseeable future, it's better to let your money work for you by putting it in savings.

(the score is the instrument for saving money, not a goal in itself)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really all depends on how long you can take the points hit-

I you don't have any major purchases coming up and your other creditors won't freak- just pay it off over 6 months -

I have 1 balance (kay) at 0% that I will pay off by Oct. - my UTL on the account is 20% right now though- so I am only taking a 10 point hit.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled TC - and my FAKO tanked by 25 points.

The collection will come off (the removal is being sent this weekend) so hopefully that will help some... other cards are getting paid down/off this month and next - so in 6-12 months I will be in great shape.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.