Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking advantage of Discover 0% BT offers to increase spend for CLI

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

Taking advantage of Discover 0% BT offers to increase spend for CLI

I generally have been paying all my credit card through my checking account(s). Been a Discover member since June 2015. Recently had my credit line doubled from $1,500 to $3,000 at the 6 month mark. I think the increase was primarily due to some usage and TU score increase.

Recently I decided to paly out a scenerio to see if some auto luv or a CLI can be triggered more frequently than every 4 months. Discover recently began to offer the following on my account:

0% APR with a 3% transfer fee for BT through December 2016.....APR returns to 19% at end of promotion transfer

4.99% APR with zero transfer fee for BT for 18 months (May 2017).....APR returns to 19% at end of promotional transfer

I spend roughly $1,200 in credit card payments, $1,200 in food & gas and $800 in utilities, cable and cellphones.

Instead of spending on Dsicover to capture the quarterly rewards....I am going to try to increase my spend by running everything through my discover account and take advantage of the BT offers.

As long as all payments for everything go through discover and the actual bills (food, gas, utilities, etc) are billed to my my credit cards used (Cap One, Barclay, Bof A) then I might be able to tip the scale for CLI..

Any thoughts?

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.