Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talbots Comenity

tag
jru577
New Contributor

Talbots Comenity

I'm getting ready to buy a car and so I pulled my FICO scores and reports.  There shows 1 delinquent account with Talbots/Comentity.  I sortof forgot about this account and it's possible that the information is correct  - that they had to charge off $34.  BUt I haven't gotten anything from them for a few years.  In the Experian column of my report, it shows I have been 90days past due, 31 times - listing April 2015 as the most recent time.    But if I haven't even received ANYTHING - bills/calls, etc and the account shows "Unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor" -   Can they still report to credit agencies if they charged off?  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Talbots Comenity

@jru577 wrote:

I'm getting ready to buy a car and so I pulled my FICO scores and reports.  There shows 1 delinquent account with Talbots/Comentity.  I sortof forgot about this account and it's possible that the information is correct  - that they had to charge off $34.  BUt I haven't gotten anything from them for a few years.  In the Experian column of my report, it shows I have been 90days past due, 31 times - listing April 2015 as the most recent time.    But if I haven't even received ANYTHING - bills/calls, etc and the account shows "Unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor" -   Can they still report to credit agencies if they charged off?  

Of Course they can. as long as the Debt is Valid. It does not matter if you got a bill or not. its your responsibility as the card holder to pay your bill on time. my god. i can't imagine the damage this has done to your credit score. i would say. you can good will them with letters to see if they remove. pay whatever you owe even though it is charged off. this is the worst of worst situations in the credit world. i wish you luck

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.